Youtube Uploads Question

Reaction score
I recently created a youtube page to post my phantom videos.
When I try to upload the mp4 video taken from phantom, it doesn't do anything!!
Do I need to change the file type from mp4 to something else??
How do I do it peeps??

Thanks,

Tim

Select upload while in your account and either drag /drop the file into the box or click to you can select it from your hard drive.

You dont have to do anything to the files...most are huge though size wise...its best IMO to run them thru a video editor and convert them for smaller size before you upload them..makes uploading and streaming them alot easier.

If you are uploading from a phone or tablet make sure you are on wifi. If you are not on a wifi and uploading from a cell service you will need to go into the app settings and change the setting that says upload from wifi only.

I upload the MP4 videos from phantom to windows desktop computer, I then click upload on YouTube page and drag a particular video and drop it and nothing fu**** happens!! So over this!! Someone told me they download to ipad and edit videos in imovies then send from imovies to youtube!! Tried that and I can't get phantom videos on iPad now!! Wtf!! Please does anyone know how to fin do this!!!!

This video stuff has been way harder to figure out than the flight/ground station/ everything else to do with phantom flying!!!!!

I don't see any point moving them to an ipad if you have them on a Windows PC already.
In your youtube account you can do it by drag or drop or you can click upload and navigate to the folder with the file you want to upload.
While getting the best from your video by editing to manageable size is somewhat tricky, finding a file and uploading is pretty basic stuff.

Try uploading a really short clip, if your connection is slow or prone to briefly drop out you are going to struggle with raw videos of several 100 MB
You can upload almost any video file type to youtube and MP4 is very mainstream should be no problem at all.

I found out I could not upload videos to youtube using AOL!!
switched to Internet Explorer and it work without a hitch!
Posting this to maybe help others to save many days of troubleshooting!!!

Redphantom33 said:
I found out I could not upload videos to youtube using AOL!!
switched to Internet Explorer and it work without a hitch!
Posting this to maybe help others to save many days of troubleshooting!!!

I'm actually pretty surprised this was your first 'many days of troubleshooting' considering you're still using AOL!?!? :shock:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl