Your thoughts?

Reaction score
Hi all !
I'm madashell and I just wanted to get the word out. I've had my p4p+ for about three months and love the video results I've been able to get with it. while flying about six feet from the ground I clipped a small tree branch which destabilized the phantom and that caused it to crash into the grass below.
I'm a doit youselfer so I found a new yaw arm and ribbon but after replacing them i still got a sensor error code.
I sent it to dji San Francisco for repair, twenty days later they sent me a repair estimate for $833.00 saying the only fix was to replace the whole gimbal and camera assembly, "as per dji". I'm not sure what the good folks at dji are smoking but I have no intention on being squeezed like that just because they can.
If I had really broken up the drone, maybe I could see the repair costing that much. This product is made to be fun and creative, dji has ruined both for me.
Please spread the word

I think that "word" has been spread around enough.

I had an issue with the DSG auto box on one of our cars, six days out of warranty - I was away from home and it wouldn't up or downshift quickly when the wheel paddles were activated, nor from the gearshift.
The main dealer the RAC (AAA) transported it to locally, road-tested it and said it's bad news.... it needed the whole box to be replaced - cost? £3,680. Now the manufacturer was going to cover the parts cost under "goodwill" (£2,900) but I wasn't convinced, so I got it transported to another dealer I normally use close to home..... and what it actually needed was the gearbox oil filter to be cleaned-out, refitted and new fluid, for a grand total of......... £162. The manufacturer covered the cost of the transport, the fix and gave me a credit for the cost of the next two services.

Reactions: Madashell
Thanks Fly Dawg for your input, if I knew then what I know now, ide probably be out flying or editing, not trying to keep someone else from making the same mistake.
Thank you too Numone! It's nice to see someone else actually standing up for themselves !!

Hi all !
I'm madashell and I just wanted to get the word out. I've had my p4p+ for about three months and love the video results I've been able to get with it. while flying about six feet from the ground I clipped a small tree branch which destabilized the phantom and that caused it to crash into the grass below.
I'm a doit youselfer so I found a new yaw arm and ribbon but after replacing them i still got a sensor error code.
I sent it to dji San Francisco for repair, twenty days later they sent me a repair estimate for $833.00 saying the only fix was to replace the whole gimbal and camera assembly, "as per dji". I'm not sure what the good folks at dji are smoking but I have no intention on being squeezed like that just because they can.
If I had really broken up the drone, maybe I could see the repair costing that much. This product is made to be fun and creative, dji has ruined both for me.
Please spread the word
Ask for your drone back "As Is" and fly it with the Sensors disabled if thats possible, I've had two crashes that were fixed using the refresh policy which I'm glad I bought because there was no way I would shelled out the cash for the estimated damage of the repairs that were done both times , one was higher then the cost of the drone $1800 :confused::confused:

I'm on my 3rd P4P. I love the drone, but it just seems like there is a lot of problems. I'm going to try this one and if I have another failure, I'm done with DJI. I had a Yuneec for 4 years with no problems. The DJI has so much more to offer, but three in the matter of 3 weeks is a bit ridiculous. I hope it gets better.

You need to send it to DJI repair in southern California. Do you have a case number?

I'm on my 3rd P4P. I love the drone, but it just seems like there is a lot of problems. I'm going to try this one and if I have another failure, I'm done with DJI. I had a Yuneec for 4 years with no problems. The DJI has so much more to offer, but three in the matter of 3 weeks is a bit ridiculous. I hope it gets better.

What problems did these three units have? This doesn't sound right...

It's been taken care of.

The last problem was the camera not centering. After numerous tests over the phone, DJI determined it was a hardware issue. After doing some research on this forum , I found out that this has happened to several other folks. I'm hoping this will be my last issue.

Thank you licitysplit11111!
I would like to keep my p4p+ because of it's overall performance. However, my common sense tells me to "never put good money after bad". I really don't want to give dji another opportunity to make me pay over $ 800.00 for a $200.00 or $300.00 repair.
Thank you for your input !

Thank you Gtarman52 !
I agree on the drone itself, the way everything is integrated to work together is remarkable. My first RC rotorcraft had no SCAS, compas gps or even a mechanical gyro. I spent about eight months teaching myself to hover and slowely fly in a circle so I really appreciate all of the improvements.
I have been successfully self employed in three very small service businesses for over 30 years, so I know the difference between supporting a customer and attempting to over charge them by forcing them to buy an entire
assembly when whats needed is a few parts.
madashell
You need to send it to DJI repair in southern California. Do you have a case number?

Hi blade strike!
I actually did call dji southern calif. My intentions were to talk to someone because I couldn't believe that the entire gimbal had to be replaced at over $800.00.
When I eventually got through, I explained the issue to the person on the line, he wanted to direct to me to a web help page.
When I interrupted him to ask for a supervisor instead of being redirected, the line went dead and I gave up for the day.
I appreciate your suggestion to send it to Los Angeles. I would be willing to give it a shot but I was told that dji makes the decision not to repair the gimbal?

Thank you licitysplit11111!
I would like to keep my p4p+ because of it's overall performance. However, my common sense tells me to "never put good money after bad". I really don't want to give dji another opportunity to make me pay over $ 800.00 for a $200.00 or $300.00 repair.
Thank you for your input !

Thank you Gtarman52 !
I agree on the drone itself, the way everything is integrated to work together is remarkable. My first RC rotorcraft had no SCAS, compas gps or even a mechanical gyro. I spent about eight months teaching myself to hover and slowely fly in a circle so I really appreciate all of the improvements.
I have been successfully self employed in three very small service businesses for over 30 years, so I know the difference between supporting a customer and attempting to over charge them by forcing them to buy an entire
assembly when whats needed is a few parts.
madashell

Hi blade strike!
I actually did call dji southern calif. My intentions were to talk to someone because I couldn't believe that the entire gimbal had to be replaced at over $800.00.
When I eventually got through, I explained the issue to the person on the line, he wanted to direct to me to a web help page.
When I interrupted him to ask for a supervisor instead of being redirected, the line went dead and I gave up for the day.
I appreciate your suggestion to send it to Los Angeles. I would be willing to give it a shot but I was told that dji makes the decision not to repair the gimbal?

You have a case number?

I don't believe anybody ever gave me a case # and I can't find one on any email or on the estimate.

First get the craft back from SF. Then start a new repair case with support don't even mention the SF issue. Once you get it sent in please PM me the case number.

Lots of bad publicity out there for DJI at this point.
I will never buy another DJI product, the latest greatest month long firmware fiasco has burned me pretty bad.

Thank you blade strike for the positive response
I will get another try going and keep you informed.

Thanks slipstrm !
I would have bought their hand held camera gimbal but I decided to go with an EVO because of all of this.
Maybe they should grab everybody out of the design and engineering department to give the service department some guidance

Lots of bad publicity out there for DJI at this point.
I will never buy another DJI product, the latest greatest month long firmware fiasco has burned me pretty bad.

I too am very saddened by all of these issues surrounding our once beautiful hobby, all of this ridiculousness, paranoia, anger, and upgrades (downgrades) is beyond tolerable. The business ethics of Dji relative to customers rights of ownership of the product they sell does not fit in a free enterprise scenario let alone a free society. All of this hysteria is being created by schizophrenic sycophants Look at the subjects and topics on these forums, it is totally depressing, completely negative, to the hobby, DJI, and its products. What an incredible cluster%&*^%. The forums are mostly depressing now, instead of enlightening, interesting and enjoyable. I too will never buy another DJI product, I simply cant tolerate all of the insanity. I have gotten many of my old RC craft revived and intend on trying to enjoy my life long hobby with what little time I have left on this planet. All of this crap that has been attached to this sport (hobby) is like no other.

UPDATE:
SOS, WTF??

I too am very saddened by all of these issues surrounding our once beautiful hobby, all of this ridiculousness, paranoia, anger, and upgrades (downgrades) is beyond tolerable. The business ethics of Dji relative to customers rights of ownership of the product they sell does not fit in a free enterprise scenario let alone a free society. All of this hysteria is being created by schizophrenic sycophants Look at the subjects and topics on these forums, it is totally depressing, completely negative, to the hobby, DJI, and its products. What an incredible cluster%&*^%. The forums are mostly depressing now, instead of enlightening, interesting and enjoyable. I too will never buy another DJI product, I simply cant tolerate all of the insanity. I have gotten many of my old RC craft revived and intend on trying to enjoy my life long hobby with what little time I have left on this planet. All of this crap that has been attached to this sport (hobby) is like no other.
I too am very saddened by all of these issues surrounding our once beautiful hobby, all of this ridiculousness, paranoia, anger, and upgrades (downgrades) is beyond tolerable. The business ethics of Dji relative to customers rights of ownership of the product they sell does not fit in a free enterprise scenario let alone a free society. All of this hysteria is being created by schizophrenic sycophants Look at the subjects and topics on these forums, it is totally depressing, completely negative, to the hobby, DJI, and its products. What an incredible cluster%&*^%. The forums are mostly depressing now, instead of enlightening, interesting and enjoyable. I too will never buy another DJI product, I simply cant tolerate all of the insanity

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl