Your favorite tracking device and why?

FlyTrex, but they are quickly running out of time before I find another option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See several different tracking devices from Trackimo to Marco Polo to? What is your fav?
Trakimo - Great price, low monthly fee after first ONE year of prepaid. No set-up. Comes ready to go right out of the box. (sim card is included) Works almost everywhere. No phone company to add.

Reactions: bobmyers
Have any of you with tracking devices ever had them to pay off. Meaning your bird went down and you located it with the tracker?

What's the point of that in the p3? You have a real time knowledge of where your craft is. Does Marco Polo work in water?

30secs, that real-time knowledge is only accessible if you are connected to your Phantom. All hope will be lost the first day it flies out of range and does not come back.

I have a Trackimo GPS tracker. It's easy to setup and it includes everything you need (even the cellular service for the first year).

There are less expensive trackers, but some of them are a real hassle to setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobmyers
If you are in the US then trackimo is great, if you are elsewhere marco polo (even though its not approved for use due to 900mhz band usage) will be your friend in my experience.

Do either of them work in water? I'm guessing not but that is my main need

trackimo. I have mine velcrod to the gimbal guard I made. And tethered to the landing gear. As so far, it's worked every place I've flown. I can also take it and put in my childs pocket if we go to a crowded place. I've also used to when I've lost contact with my phantom on a RTH, to make sure it's on its way back. Events set to one minute.

Do either of them work in water? I'm guessing not but that is my main need

They are both rated for light rain (though the pet marco polo is rated for shallow submersion).

If you are planning on water landings then something like the trackimo in a small aquapac may be better.

If you crash or lose connection to your phantom just switch to the map. You will see where its last point was flown. Go there and look for it. Simple and cheaper and no risk of gps interface.

If you crash or lose connection to your phantom just switch to the map. You will see where its last point was flown. Go there and look for it. Simple and cheaper and no risk of gps interface.

I think the point is if it flies off at high speed it may not come down until it has ran out of battery and that could be out of range of the remote so the map would only give you its last heading.

I use the RF-V16 for all the reasons mentioned above, I'm in the UK and ordered the tracker off eBay for £22 + Postage http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271405996979?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT, I found a brilliant 3D printed holder from Israel
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and I use a pay as you go Giffgaff sim card.

If you do a 5-6 mile round trip waypoint mission and loose it. Its a must have.

Trackimo - easy set up, 1 yr service included. stats in one minute and ability to move to my classic cars when out and about town

hi,
exactly where did u attach the trackimo on the phantom and how? thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.