Your favorite tracking device and why?

I had a SPOT Trace already, I move from my motorcycle or trailer, when I want to keep an eye on it, in case of theft. Goes on P3 for the longer missions.

The Trace will work anywhere in the US, no cell tower needed. Works very well, sends locations every 2.5 mins, while moving, and a daily update. Even a low battery message.

Bryan,

Looks like they have it for 49.99. Where did u mount yours? can we see a pic? Thanks.

Bryan,

Looks like they have it for 49.99. Where did u mount yours? can we see a pic? Thanks.

Yeah, I think they do a mail in rebate still....

I have no pic, I can take one next time I get the P3 out. Since I move the SPOT from assets (bike, trailer, P3.... truck), I have a silly temp mount for the P3. Gafer tape on the landing gear. LOL I will take one next flight though.

I figure, if I hit anything and crash, the SPOT will be close to the P3. I want to get a gimbal guard and then mount a real solution to it. The SPOT is small enough, it should mount well onto it.

If you get one, also check out spotwalla.com Great free site, to share location tracks. I have a Gen3 and Trace, they are worth the annual subscription.

Yeah, I think they do a mail in rebate still....

I have no pic, I can take one next time I get the P3 out. Since I move the SPOT from assets (bike, trailer, P3.... truck), I have a silly temp mount for the P3. Gafer tape on the landing gear. LOL I will take one next flight though.

I figure, if I hit anything and crash, the SPOT will be close to the P3. I want to get a gimbal guard and then mount a real solution to it. The SPOT is small enough, it should mount well onto it.

If you get one, also check out spotwalla.com Great free site, to share location tracks. I have a Gen3 and Trace, they are worth the annual subscription.
Thanks, Bryan.

Trackimo all the way, especially their 3G device..due to it is simple and easy to install and use,very good tracking accuracy.

Trackimo all the way, especially their 3G device..due to it is simple and easy to install and use,very good tracking accuracy.

It may work for you, but the "support" is irritating and ridiculous. You ask for help adn you get a barrage of useless form letters. Then when a finally CSR, he seems to be more sorting his "in basket" more than helping us. His remarks are about how their recently sold 2g Trackimos just down't work very well and I need to get a 3g. Very nonchalant. Told me about his recently bought laptop did not work well, he kept saying, "Yeah, electronics get outdated 'so fast'. They just are like that. Six months old and useless."

My 2g, less than a year old, was two miles off on location. Should I buy another one (3g) for about $200 and it goes 'outdated' in another six months to a year? He said that could happen.

CRAPIMO .

Trackimo for sure easy setup and use !

I use tBeacon:

How does it work? | tBeacon

There is an adapter for the Phantom 3:

Buy | tBeacon

There is no monthly fee. With the Phantom 3 adapter, the GPS coordinates are transmitted to your hand held radio once it is activated. Range depends on terrain. However, in most cases one knows the general direction where the quadcopter flew off to.

The only caveat is that the transmitter default frequency is on the 70cm band which technically requires an Amateur Radio license. You can increase the range of the radio with a 70cm YAGI antenna.

I have recovered several quadcopters at least a half dozen times with this device. It works.

Rf v16 from eBay £21 uk pounds some sell as high as £75' it's quad band gps,gprs.
No magnets like trackimo so no possible however unlikely compass Interference !
Then a £4.50 white 3 d printed Rf v16 gps holder for phantom from eBay also ,they also do them for trackimo!
Sorted !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20