You won't believe your eyes! IDIOT FLYING OVER AIRPORT !!!

Reaction score
This news just came a few minutes ago... I can't begin to say how wrong this is. This is beyond words. And for those who might not know; the airport in the video is Turkey's biggest international airport (Istanbul Ataturk Airport) which also serves as the main hub for Turkish Airlines and also as a transit airport to countless destinations.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv7xTsNx3Tc[/youtube]

The idiot posted the video in his facebook account and took it down after obvious reaction. According to the news article, he says that normally the GPS system of his drone would prevent him flying near aiports, but in his case it did not and he simply decided to keep flying and recording :shock:

Re: You won't believe your eyes! IDIOT FLYING OVER AIRPORT !

Turkey is a very forgiving country, I'm sure there won't be a problem at all. (umm)

I really could not believe it when he took off and did the unspeakable. Talk about lost for words, a true classic.

Humans can be so **** ignorant. He probably only did it to get personal attention on the social media.
I can only hope he crashes his bird very soon (on himself preferably) and be done with it.

Social media thrive on the urge people have to have their clips seen by as many people as possible while staying anonymous. With many more new 'pilots' who never even thought of doing anything RC before, anything can happen in the future. It will not stop, we will see even worse examples of ignorance, at least the coming year, be prepared I would say.

However, since gadget hypes never last very long I expect that in about 2 years, aerial photography and cinematography will be back where it belongs. In the hands of a handful RC/aviation/video enthousiasts that really care for the future of their passion. Until then, we will see a lot of these things happening.

Apart from being totally lost for words at this individuals stupidity.....

Interesting that he made a conscious decision to tape over his LED's so as not to be spotted!

That being the case I do not think it can be put down to ignorance of the law/regulations rather arrogance and stupidity.

Please...PLEASE somebody must have the details of the Turkish FAA/CAA equivalent. Can this video (which is watermaked with his name) be sent to them in the only hope they will prosecute and throw him in some hell hole jail ??

The fact that he taped off the LEDS makes him a true criminal. Totally ignoring the law.
Stupid? Yes, but still very deliberate. At least most airline pilots will not have been scared to death by his drone because they didn't see it in the first place. Which makes it even more dangerous.

Makes me sick while I think of it.

robsquad said:
whats his facebook account ? linky ?

He closed his facebook account. That's his twitter: https://twitter.com/AspetManukyan

He was on the main page of all biggest newspapers and online news sites today. He received huge reaction so far. Countless people reported him to the authorities revealing his identity. Someone also posted a screenshot of his youtube channel which includes his old videos taken around a miltary airport. That was also forwarded to the authorities.

941inciu1777398.jpg

A few quality months in a fine Turkish prison will do this clown some good. Hope he enjoys the torture and **** rape.

:p

ciguli said:
robsquad said:
whats his facebook account ? linky ?

He closed his facebook account. That's his twitter: https://twitter.com/AspetManukyan

He was on the main page of all biggest newspapers and online news sites today. He received huge reaction so far. Countless people reported him to the authorities revealing his identity. Someone also posted a screenshot of his youtube channel which includes his old videos taken around a miltary airport. That was also forwarded to the authorities.

941inciu1777398.jpg

Idiots like this ruining it for the rest of us.

Just one word, tool.

we will hear all about his execution in due course.

locoworks said:

I'm actually very afraid for this man, there are some places you just don't do some things in.

am i right in thinking a couple of English plane spotters got threw in jail over there for taking pics of military planes ?

EDIT, was greece

steveeds said:
locoworks said:

I'm actually very afraid for this man, there are some places you just don't do some things in.

Well, judicial system in Turkey is very dysfunctional. It can work extremely fast (if you are anti government), or a simple trial can take years before it comes to end. Either way the result is often surprising and unfair...

And r/c flying is an expensive and rare hobby which many people find quite interesting in Turkey. After this incident I am pretty sure many people have already started to think that drones are evil :)

locoworks said:

Or, perhaps not. ;)

All we need is more bad press because idiots like this don't use their noggins. Im sure society will start blaming the drones for any problems and take all accountability away from the owner.

ccase39 said:
All we need is more bad press because idiots like this don't use their noggins. Im sure society will start blaming the drones for any problems and take all accountability away from the owner.

I think there is a burgeoning industry in the making here, folks. Airport safety via shotgun! I will start recruiting immediately for an international team. Like the legal industry, it will rely on idiots being idiots. Thank God there is no shortage of that!

That's what you get DJI, when you make drones that even morons can fly.
Please make it hard again, at least to even understand what a drone is all about......
Unfortunately the damage is done and we can't change history, any moron can fly a Phantom, period.
THANKS BUT NO THANKS.

Hi guys I'm new here and I hope not to make disasters :)
I was in shock when I saw this video, but it takes some stupid flyer like this to make everyone realize that something must be done.
No no no I'm not talking about executing the guy or forbidding the drone usage.
I think that the producers must make an effort to improve the security if they want the whole industry to grow...
The No Fly Zones feature should not be an option but always enabled, and a feature implemented by all the manufacturers!

My humble opinion...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl