Idiot or idiots flying near Edinburgh airport

Reaction score
Again this morning on the main ITV news aircraft were diverted to other airports to land , due to f----- idiot or idiots flying their drone very close to Edinburgh airport.
How bloody stupid and inconsiderate .
I sincerely hope the idiots are caught.
I do believe a thorough investigation is going on
And hope the guilty is caught.
We have just in the last few weeks watched a disaster unfold, shocking for us all.
A drone can cause a disaster as big or even bigger to an aircraft.
Where do these pilots , to which they are not,
Come from?
B

Reactions: Numone
Thoroughly agree with your Boydy1 the same occurred at Gatwick Airport on Sunday, some idiot flying across the airport caused them to shut the airport and divert 3 aircraft (Gatwick only has 1 runway).

I am told the police are investigating, and I for one, think whoever did this, should be locked up for a **** long time, possibly under the prevention of terrorism act!

I fear, if events like this continue, the CAA will clamp down big time, and it could lead to us responsible pilots, being confined to A) our back gardens or B) some 'designated and regulated sites'.

I for one, didn't spend £1000+ to fly in the back garden!

Bob

Hi Bob
It is really shocking.
Like yourself, I fly professionally.
I have spent like yourself quite a number of ££££ on my hobby and enjoy it so much.
I really hope at the end of the day it does not confine us professionals pilots to a very limited area.
How to spoil a great hobby for us guys biding by the rules and regs
Who love photography and flying.
Thanks for your reply Bob
All the best

Thoroughly agree with your Boydy1 the same occurred at Gatwick Airport on Sunday, some idiot flying across the airport caused them to shut the airport and divert 3 aircraft (Gatwick only has 1 runway).

Bob

I agree with you all about the idiots we have in this hobby and the concern about being tarred with the same brush, but where did you read that the drone was being flown across the airport?
I've seen several reports on the media, but I've not seen one that quotes the source of the story. Some say next to and some say near the airport. Who actually reported the drone - a pilot, a member of the public? I've yet to hear

Knowing how the media like to exaggerate everything (and I worked for them for over 30 years) It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the drone was actually 20 feet up in a Crawley garden three miles away.

After making 2 enquiries early today, the report was made from security and 2 plane spotters. The security was the manned vehicle who are employed to scare crows or any other birds away from the runway.
The plane spotters were local persons.
Anyway, if visible to the naked eye at the airport makes it totally illegal.
NO FLY ZONE
I appreciate the media always exaggerate on many breaking news
But I sincerely think on this case it is not.
Time hopefully will tell.
B

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20