Yet another blurry photos thread...

Reaction score
Afternoon all.

I have recently got my P3P out after 6 - 9 months boxed up and safe. Fully updated all firmware and went out taking lots of pictures and video's. I have noticed that the video footage is as crisp and clear as it always used to be. But taking stills from exactly the same spot in the sky, literally seconds after the video footage and it is noticeably more blurry with the still shot.The light was very good, both video and still's were on manual and auto as i tested both, i was pulling straight from SD, and yes the plastic cover was removed :) ...it was also stored very safely so not damage or knocks have occurred whilst she was out of action.

You can also clearly see the image deteriorate at the moment of switching from video to photo on the tablet display. I have also tried to clean the .dng files in post edit using LightRoom to clear/crisp them up, but cannot get them as crisp as pulling the same shot out of the video using LightRoom (even the unedited shot out of the video is clearer than the worked on still shot). I have read (on DJI forum i think) that the latest firmware update has moved the blurry issue from video mode to still mode (as it was not used in quite a while i cannot confirm there ever was an issue with blurry video as both video and still were perfect when she went back in the box). I even recreated (as best i could given changes in light ((very similar conditions though)) a photo from 1 yr ago and compared to the same shot take recently and the recent one no where near matches the quality of the photo take from and old firmware...

I have also found a post that suggests to toggle the d-log mode to another and restart and switch back, as this apparently helped to return the quality to the still shot but unfortunately no joy...

I cannot see it being an issue with over tight screws as it has worked perfectly previously. i have searched quite thoroughly and found only a few posts on the internet of people with the same issue.

At the moment i'm with the assumption its a firmware issue, so have started investigation into rolling back to an earlier edition, i think 1.7 is known to be the most stable, but have not either found a confirmed safe way of doing this, there is the thread explaining how to do this on the forum, but i still consider this risky to solve my issue or finally thought about factory reset and information on this is even harder to find..

I have also been told that there is a 'focus' feature, similar to the selected exposure when you tap on the tablet screen, however i thought it was a fixed focus????

I will get some sample shots attached when home later.

I suppose I just want to know if this is a software or a hardware issue.

Thanks in advance

PLEASE HELP!!

I've always updated to all the latest FW and, albeit I have a 3A, not P, I really do not see any difference in the shots I've taken a year ago and those a couple of months ago. I've always noticed a change when switching from Photo to Video and vice-versa, so I cant say that's a "new feature". Have you done a BTB comparison?

I can only assume BTB is 'back to back' yes I have. And the quality seems to be much less than it used to be...I will try get all pictures attached to thread later....

Reactions: Numone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20