Yet another bit of bad press "Phantom Bashing"

Joel_t said:
Ozzyguy said:
The reason is that the pantom is one of the more photogenic options to choose. Unfortunately.
In the interests of fairness it should be captioned stating that its just a pic of any old drone and not proven to be the one involved.
But as someone said the news is more about selling a product not the truth.
Stop consuming news articles and the problem will slowly go away.

Agreed.

But look at the article now. People who defended the fact the Phantom was used have now succeeded in having that photo removed from the story.

If we had of just ignored it the more ignorant people who read the article would have just assumed that was the aircraft responsible.

If we just all help in educating people instead of just sitting back I think we will all see long and happy returns with our investments.

I wonder exactly why they pulled the Phantom photo... I'd like to know what the mechanism was that caused them to do so, as it might be a nice tool to have for future...

-slinger

DJI may be getting sick of extra bad press as they have enough bad press of their own creation. Perhaps they had their legal department Email them

Y'all might as well give up on the media reporting anything correctly. Over the years I have been either involved in or have intimate knowledge of so - called media worthy stories, and in every single case, they have gotten it wrong, often laughably so. This even occurs when they are spoon fed the facts.
First of all, journalists generally have zero technical or scientific knowledge or expertise. That is why they went to journalism school - it was an easy path to a degree. Secondly, they have no interest in finding out the actual facts in a story, they just want to get the most sensational quote they can, or will even selectively quote somebody in order to create drama.
I have no respect for those people at all. The last couple of times a reporter tried to question me about a story I didn't even bother saying "No comment" - I just laughed and shook my head.

As a group they are complete morons.

wde1361 said:
Y'all might as well give up on the media reporting anything correctly. Over the years I have been either involved in or have intimate knowledge of so - called media worthy stories, and in every single case, they have gotten it wrong, often laughably so. This even occurs when they are spoon fed the facts.
First of all, journalists generally have zero technical or scientific knowledge or expertise. That is why they went to journalism school - it was an easy path to a degree. Secondly, they have no interest in finding out the actual facts in a story, they just want to get the most sensational quote they can, or will even selectively quote somebody in order to create drama.
I have no respect for those people at all. The last couple of times a reporter tried to question me about a story I didn't even bother saying "No comment" - I just laughed and shook my head.

As a group they are complete morons.

Plus- to the one, wde!

gunslinger said:
I wonder exactly why they pulled the Phantom photo... I'd like to know what the mechanism was that caused them to do so, as it might be a nice tool to have for future... -slinger

There was a comment posted on the article (which was later removed by the site) saying that someone had contacted DJI alerting them of the fact their Phantom was being used in the article with false allegations. I have a feeling DJI must of contacted them directly. Good looking out if you ask me.

"Dave, about that drone photo you grabbed off the net? Sorry mate, but you picked the wrong one. Legal department's screaming that we got some Chinese fellas wanting our guts for garters. The Chairman's really pissed off."
"But you liked it!"
"Yeah, but what do I know about drones? You shoulda picked something a bit more, 'generic', you know?"
"You said it was really punchy!"
"Yeah, well. Tough luck, mate. What with it being your first month here an' all."
"What do you mean 'Tough luck'?"
"Well, obviously, we're gonna have to let you go."

Peter Evans said:
"Dave, about that drone photo you grabbed off the net? Sorry mate, but you picked the wrong one. Legal department's screaming that we got some Chinese fellas wanting our guts for garters. The Chairman's really pissed off."
"But you liked it!"
"Yeah, but what do I know about drones? You shoulda picked something a bit more, 'generic', you know?"
"You said it was really punchy!"
"Yeah, well. Tough luck, mate. What with it being your first month here an' all."
"What do you mean 'Tough luck'?"
"Well, obviously, we're gonna have to let you go."
Hehe. Must be crowded up there with all these voices in your head. :mrgreen:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31