YES! Good weather in the UK!!!

Reaction score
After almost 3 weeks of stroking my P4 and muttering to myself - soon, very soon, I was finally able to fly today, slight breeze, 15c/59F and UAV forecast - it said YES, so off I went.

Just a short Litchi Mission in the same location where it all went to hell in a handbasket a few weeks ago, when the P4 went berserk, couldn't gain control not even switching to A from P on the controller and hitting RTH eventually the P4 landed upside down in the field thankfully with only mud damage.

Here is the video of today's success.

Hopefully tomorrow I can fly again and this time a different location.

Bob

Yes exceptional weather up here in the Lake district, zero wind,12 deg C, but you are not supposed to fly here.
DSC01579.JPG

Reactions: SCGENE
Yes exceptional weather up here in the Lake district, zero wind,12 deg C, but you are not supposed to fly here.
Why are you not supposed to fly there? It should be public access land...

National trust own all the land in this particular area and have a complete ban on flying.I have been stopped before, they sometimes have wardens about.
Aha, yes I have been researching about this. National Trust are so backwards on this. Not to mention all the reasons they list on their site quote inaccurate CAA rules. I spoke to them once and they said after the drone consultation that ended on the 15th, they may be "reviewing" their drone policies. But who knows whether they would change anything, or how long that would take. Of course, theoretically if you took of from outside of their land and flew over it, there's nothing they can do...

Snowwolf, keep the faith, it will improve in the meantime do as I did, grasp the P4 firmly and rush about the hose making a whiRrrrrrrrsh sound ;-)

I got told to land and leave from national trust site in Lincolnshire to say the warden was not amused is an understatement . And I took off from a public bridleway!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl