Yaw modification by Fyod

Is this you?
http://www.yawmod.com/

Or is someone else onto the same idea :)
It's not that difficult from a design perspective. I have done the same but getting the parts at a reasonable price has stopped me from finishing my kit. I just couldn't get the cost of parts below $15 which was my goal.

Did some POI tests today. Amazingly easy, need some more practice and will be testing even slower yaw tomorrow.
The cars are traveling 45-55mph (70-90kmh).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I will also be testing a yaw+roll mod by the end of this week. This should allow perfect POI.

Fyod which P2 did you take this video with and which lens are you using on which camera?

P2 v1, GoPro 3+, no lens, just a lens cover/hood and some filters in post.
Although I noticed the shadows are a little weird, I think because I had SpotMeter turned on.

I wanted to keep the site "secret" for atleast a couple more days, lol.

Oops :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No harm done, atleast you guys can read some undisclosed info ;)

If you still need a tester, I'd be happy to give it a whirl in the UK. So fed up of super fast yawing!

No harm done, atleast you guys can read some undisclosed info ;)

When do you think you'll have more info to share? Pretty excited for this!

I would like to ask Jacob, J Dot, simonwicks to please PM me your addresses.
If all goes well, I should be able to send out the test pieces by the end of this week.

I have chosen volunteers on a "first come, first serve" basis and will be sending out on Monday.
But finished products will be available very soon.

Test kits have been sent out with a slight delay.
Did some more testing on both yaw and roll today, turned out nice, but I need to set roll so that it doesn't slow as much as yaw.

Did some more testing on both yaw and roll today, turned out nice, but I need to set roll so that it doesn't slow as much as yaw.

Looking great!
Excited to get it and trying it out :)

That Panning speed looks much better :)

Did a panorama test today. Slowest yaw setting and GoPro 4 video + photo @ 5s. All I had to do was hold full yaw and wait to get back to the starting point. I know this would have been very frustrating without yawmod.
One 360º rotation took about a minute thus allowing many photos and almost perfect stitching with no editing at all (there are some mistakes in the tractor tracks). I rotated 360º, then tilted gimbal down about 30º, repeated that 3x. Took about 5 minutes total / 30% battery. Site takes a while to load, 65MB. Looks great on phones/tablets.
http://146.255.26.38/pano/

Lost a carbon landing gear leg in the process that had cracked a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:
Anfd
Did a panorama test today. Slowest setting GoPro 4 video + photo @ 5s.
One 360º rotation took about a minute thus allowing many photos and almost perfect stitching with no editing at all (there are some mistakes in the tractor tracks). I rotated 360º, then tilted gimbal down about 30º, repeated that 3x. Site takes a while to load, 65MB. Looks great on phones/tablets.
http://146.255.26.38/pano/

Lost a carbon landing gear leg in the process that had cracked a couple weeks ago.

Looks amazing on my my Retina 27" iMac as well!
And that was just one round, not multiple passes with the gimbal and different angles?

Anfd

Looks amazing on my my Retina 27" iMac as well!
And that was just one round, not multiple passes with the gimbal and different angles?

EDIT: I should read more.. You said it was multi pass :)

Thanks, Simon! I'm really happy with this. Finally achieving things that I always wanted to do, with absolute ease.
I got some great shots of passing cars too, but forgot to hit record after I landed and changed the GoPro settings :)

Hello Everyone,
A while ago, I came across this post,
By ( Fyod ) asking for beta testers, to test and evaluate a new Slow Yaw Mod, so I thought, I'm in! I replied, that I'd love to help out, install, test, and give my feedback, be it Good, or Bad! he replied immediately, and let me know he had some finishing touches yet to do on the kit, and he'd get back to me, which he did! I thank him for that! I sent him my info, and Viola! My kit arrived today! Yaaaaay!

I took some box opening pictures, and will walk you through, kit opening. I will give some thoughts throughout pictures!

Ok
Came home to find this ( which my son had to sign for ) Added bonus!
34723D52-7AD6-4D53-B990-BC05C9ABA5E9_zpszn3zctde.jpg

The label ( I blackened it out ) as I'm not sure how much info he wants on the street yet?
6FDBC518-5A68-47F3-99EA-48F8A860D94D_zpsust65c3a.jpg

Top opened
17E2A940-A377-4A3A-BE39-91DD9C5AE3E2_zpssjyfw3p9.jpg

Inside
What I found to be VERY WELL PACKAGED, these parts, consist of 5 items.
5ADF79A2-2355-4AD2-94E7-6EE1E3822D15_zpsrp87umms.jpg

First item
( SCREW KIT )
D8097CA8-8C20-4628-A0AB-D352B2499278_zpstlpm6wzm.jpg

( not sure what these are yet )

2nd item
( Black and Yellow pigtail wire w/ connector )
BD373FE8-1777-4A58-B085-FFAACA4FD7AE_zps0gxta1gi.jpg

Third item
( double ended multi-wire jumper )
4EB81231-E0BD-4100-8ABA-73FFE312A85C_zpssuo01dap.jpg

Fourth item
( mini circuit board )
6C096546-2BB4-4970-BDB4-C6F9154EECC2_zpsxxgivupf.jpg

Last item
( Switch assembly )
6DAE26F8-1DE5-4EFA-A9B4-27BB1C62F9C9_zpsjeoom7ep.jpg

The switch is VERY WELL MADE, as all wire, lead connections are nicely insulated, so no chance of burnout!
43919CF4-26F5-45FE-9B93-94BA8A6FA1CE_zps3pdaucdn.jpg

And BEST OF ALL, I believe the switch lights up! ( I could be mistaken? )
8B16CB6A-54E9-4A3E-9A63-3307A46113BE_zpshesxlks2.jpg

There was a lot more info in the kit, but I will not disclose without approval from member ( Fyod ).

I wanted to add:
This is a PROFESSIONALLY made kit, nice HIGH quality switch, factory looking mini PC board, again spare no expense ( high quality ), all cables and jumpers, nicely made, good quality parts, wire, connectors. I was PLEASANTLY surprised , what I found inside this AWESOME package today!

A HUGE A+ to ( Fyod ) for having a dream, making it happen ( which was no small task ), and sharing with us here! I feel honored to be chosen as one of the few, to be blessed with this kit! Great job man, kudos all the way!

I'm so excited to look over instructions, and to install this really cool kit, and go have fun! As always, I'll post pics and how to's along the way. I will post my findings on install, use, and overall thoughts, and issues ( if any ) but as of now, just the quality alone lets me know, this is THE REAL DEAL! No joke!

Thank you Very much ( Fyod )
You are the MAN!:D

I'm so pumped up about this kit!:cool:

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members