Yaw modification by Fyod

Reaction score
I have been finalizing my version of the yaw mod with easy installation (no solder, no wire snipping) and I'm looking for a couple people willing to test it out and give some feedback.
I can offer these betas at a pretty large discount, details will be sent to those interested.
Preferably EU or US due to shipping. P2, P2V or V+.
Let me know if you're in and I'll send details soon ;)

Update: More info now on www.yawmod.com

Last edited:
Awesome, I'll PM you right when a couple parts come in this week.

I would also be interested, in your mod!
And would be glad to help you out with feedback, on it.
Always looking for new exciting phantom mods.
Thank you for posting, and offering it to us first! Very cool my friend!
Keep up the great work, and please put me on the list!
I'm sure ( Dirkclod, and Happyflier ) would be interested in this as well. I fly a P2V.

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
I'm interested in this too. Been contemplating taking the control apart for a while and attempting this. But if there's a hassle free way then I'm even more game!

The controller needs to be taken apart, but there's no guess work, snipping, soldering.
The only slight pain can be if your yaw stick is uncalibrated in default but I've figured out how to prefect it and made a good set of intructions.
This is what causes some people's mod to be faster on one side and/or makes the gimbal offset with untouched stick.

P1gjfD2.jpg

I would be happy to participate.

The controller needs to be taken apart, but there's no guess work, snipping, soldering.
The only slight pain can be if your yaw stick is uncalibrated in default but I've figured out how to prefect it and made a good set of intructions.
This is what causes some people's mod to be faster on one side and/or makes the gimbal offset with untouched stick.

P1gjfD2.jpg

I have the newer control with the gimbal wheel on the side, will it still work for that one?

I'd participate in this as well. P2 in the US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simon: Yes, it has no effect on the gimbal tilt, rather the gimbal yaw.
When you turn left/right, the gimbal turns too to buffer that harsh movement, even with motors off you can see the gimbal slightly yaw.

Simon: Yes, it has no effect on the gimbal tilt, rather the gimbal yaw.
When you turn left/right, the gimbal turns too to buffer that harsh movement, even with motors off you can see the gimbal slightly yaw.

Ok then. Was just wondering is there was a difference with the internals of the old style (in your screenshot) and the new controls. Guess not in regards to this mod :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a quick test today

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Did a quick test today

Looking good!
Interesting to see how you've done it.

Nice
Did a quick test today

Nice video. Not sure yet what the mod comprises of, but one thing I have noticed from doing slow pans with yaw mods in place is that the easiest way to keep a constant speed turn is (with whatever speed you need set up via switches/pots), to be done at full deflection on the stick. It is easy to keep in the same place and keep the pan smooth. The only other way I have managed to do this that I am nearly happy with is using an old credit card with a slot cut in which I can hold against the RC at a given stick angle.

That might just be me, but I think the ability to do a slow pan which takes 30-40s or longer to do a full 360 with the stick at full deflection would be something useful to configure in to a yaw mod design. If you go much faster, objects can appear blurred, depending on how far away they are and what it is you are filming.

Last edited:
Did some POI tests today. Amazingly easy, need some more practice and will be testing even slower yaw tomorrow.
The cars are traveling 45-55mph (70-90kmh).

I will also be testing a yaw+roll mod by the end of this week. This should allow perfect POI.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacob and Hughie
Did some POI tests today. Amazingly easy, need some more practice and will be testing even slower yaw tomorrow.
The cars are traveling 45-55mph (70-90kmh).

I will also be testing a yaw+roll mod by the end of this week. This should allow perfect POI.

Yaw and roll would be great, I suck at circling round things!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic