Yaw arm repair

Reaction score
I just noticed that my yaw arm is not moving smoothly as it pivots. It might be due to an earlier encounter with a tree branch. I do not get an error messages on start up and I have done a recalibration. There is just some slight friction between the arm and the flat plate. Is there an easy fix? Not sure I want to apply any pressure to bend it back and end up causing more damage.

The camera seems to work ok although I think I still have some jello effect in there that wasn't there before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If things don't work out, buy a new Gimbal with Cam. DJI has slashed the prices. That may be a cheaper and a reliable solution if simple fix doesn't work for you.

Thanks, maybe just order the P4 and be done with it...LOL!

It's an easier fix if you remove the camera & gimble from the aircraft, but it can be done with the camera installed too.
The yaw arm has a set screw that holds the arm in the correct position, my guess is the yaw arm shifted position when encountering the tree. Turn the camera until you can see the yaw arm set screw, loosen it with the proper torx driver, then move the yaw arm up or down until it moves without hitting either the top or bottom, then re-tighten it. Make sure you only loosen it a little, you don't want to move the arm left or right, just a tiny bit either up or down so it doesn't contact either surface.
I wish I could remember what size torx driver is needed, but I do know that it's metric.
I hope this fixes your problem. (I believe it will)

Reactions: WWK888
Awesome, I just found an earlier post describing exactly what you said. That fixed it right up, smooth as butter. I think it was 1/16 allen. Much thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl