P4 Firmware Wrong No Fly Zone

Hi everyone,

I haven't updated the firmware for about a year or so. My regular flying field is a city-recognized RC park. Up to now I always got a warning on the screen and was able to dismiss it. Now, after this latest update, this option is not possible anymore. The drone has been rendered an expensive paper weight. Any quick and easy ways to deal with this? I live in Los Angeles.

Thank you
Hi Hikaru.
I have the same problem. The Apollo Airfield is been "Bricked" if you are flying DJI products. However those guys flying model jets are seemingly unaffected. So the one place in the San Fernando Valley where you are supposed to be able to fly legally, you cannot.
(oh! have you had this one? You start up, Self certify and unlock, then a couple of minutes into your flight you get a message that the craft will land in 18 seconds, and you cannot control vertical movement, only horizontal?)
Please give the VNY FAA tower manager, Tim Hatfield a call. His phone number is Office (818) 904-6166 Ex. 211 and ask about the written permission.
I have traded voice mail with the guy but have yet to have that conversation.
(Go and try to get any government official to give any thing in writing,,,) But give it a try.

Hi all. I know this string is from March but my question is related so this seemed a good place to jump in. My colleagues and I, working for local media in Austin, TX, have been flying in the LAANC grid-mapped zones around the local airport (AUS, Class C airspace) for some years as 107 operations. First, with a waiver, then with the LAANC system once it was in place. No problems, and in fact, even at times getting automated authorization to fly in some of the "zero" grids. Lately though, even after getting the LAANC approval for a flight in say, a 200 foot max altitude square, the Phantom 2 Pro+ messages that we are in a no fly zone and would we like to self-unlock? Answering yes, and attempting to do so just results in spinning beachballs on the built in monitor of that vintage Phantom. Assuming that there is not a connection or password issue, I'm beginning to sense from posts I read here and elsewhere, that despite LAANC approval, the DJI side of things is not going to let you take off without an uploaded letter of authorization or something like that. Using the GO4 app, I don't think the LAANC on-site approval obtained with AirMap or other, is actually talking to any other software and certainly not my controller itself as part of the unlocking process. Can anyone on this string shed some light on what is going on, and if not, is there a best contact at DJI to understand how to deal with this besides flying in ATTI mode? We do enough work in this area that getting special permission each time to satisfy and DJI, non-FAA permission is not practical. Thanks much for any help you can offer in understanding the current state of FAA versus DJI maps and permissions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj