WORLD RECORD P3 FLIGHT

no not from you -- but from other posters responding-- on posts over 10 entries, most wont go back to the original post and see what everyone is talking about -- so the story gets distorted as posts increase-- You have posted everything-- no one should doubt this one.:) Cheers

I understand now, sorry, read it the wrong way......... o_O

I flew 31100 feet and came back with 41 % battery. FPVLR mod, stock battery. Will be doing battery mod in few weeks and post my results

View attachment 27934

I've had the advanced kit from FPVLR for over two months, I just haven't put it in yet. Not sure which P3P I want to do that to yet. Although I did buy an extra controller to put it in. Just haven't done it yet because I've seen no need. I might just sell it.

Have somebody tried to use MaxAmps Lipo 1800 mA 4S 100 C batteries, it weights only 165 grams

Turnigy 1300mA is 155 gram.

Beleive it would give even more distance than Paul achived.

BTW. that was awsome flight Paul
I only know of one person who used those on their p2v+ and he told me it was a waste of money . No extra flight time. Do they have a mod now for the p3

I only know of one person who used those on their p2v+ and he told me it was a waste of money . No extra flight time. Do they have a mod now for the p3

Not at the moment, however I have ordered all required equip to make mod with Mohan assistence. So far I have ordered Turnigy 1000mA and 1300 mA

Not at the moment, however I have ordered all required equip to make mod with Mohan assistence. So far I have ordered Turnigy 1000mA and 1300 mA
Cool let us know how it works out. Hopefully you'll get better results . I can't imagine not getting some type of improvement . Good luck!!

Hmmm - after 6 miles it still has 63% battery left? And 15mins of flight time to get back home? Something doesn't add up. With the extra weight it would be slower not faster.

When I started flying P1s, guys were adding a second battery and it didn't improve flight times at all due to the extra weight. The Vision range was a godsend. I think there's something fishy going on. If this is genuine, there has to be a video of it somewhere. But like the stuff that DBS mods does.

Second battery mods for the phantom 1 have been around for a while, basically you wire two in series also using a slightly larger Lipo like zippy flight max 2700 mah vs the stock 2200 mah battery. These mods are well known to improve flight times substantially enough. I see no reason to doubt any claims of improving the P2 or P3 flight times by wiring in a second or even two additional small batteries to the existing power. It should work just fine.

Second battery mods for the phantom 1 have been around for a while, basically you wire two in series also using a slightly larger Lipo like zippy flight max 2700 mah vs the stock 2200 mah battery. These mods are well known to improve flight times substantially enough. I see no reason to doubt any claims of improving the P2 or P3 flight times by wiring in a second or even two additional small batteries to the existing power. It should work just fine.

Wire in Series or parrallel

I beleive in parallel

Cant be series. Would double the voltage.

Parallel = increased capacity = good!

Series = increased voltage = go Boom!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris P Duck
Can you please post any videos on youtube shows haw that kit fixed and full informations, you need to know man hundreds of us want to buy that kit,
Kindly advise
Contact Mohan. he will explain to you and provide guidelines, however if you ae not experience with soldering DON'T DO IT .

There is alternative which doesnt require soldering; horizonfpv power mod v2 for P3. That guy is modifying just a battery, hence you dont need to perform any soldering inside your p3

link http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce.com/ for us Europeans and for American flyers http://horizonfpvantennas.us/

Hey Lee all your fears about range were unfounded eh? glad to see you venturing out.

Hi mohan hope all is well, yea getting out on many long haul runs and having fun. Nothing wrong with the range like you say LOL. My worrys with range with our CE models back in the pre order days have proved to be no problem at all. Loving the P3 and all it can do. Every time I take of I remember a quote you once said, " fly it like you stole it" and that's just what I do. Lol

Contact Mohan. he will explain to you and provide guidelines, however if you ae not experience with soldering DON'T DO IT .

There is alternative which doesnt require soldering; horizonfpv power mod v2 for P3. That guy is modifying just a battery, hence you dont need to perform any soldering inside your p3

link http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce.com/ for us Europeans and for American flyers http://horizonfpvantennas.us/
Video man when u can just post some videos for having more info, cheers

NewWORLD RECORD FLIGHT 12 using a battery mod from FPVCustoms.com and P3 Advanced Antenna Kit from FPVLR.com .. Look at the signal ..FULL BARS AT 230 FEET AND 32127 FEET ...

image-jpg.26400

Hi @Paulshaffer - Congratulations on getting out to north of 32K feet.. this is truly awesome. I have a couple of questions regarding your setup because I too would like to get longer range eventually. The questions are particularly about flight time, battery life, and speed. No questions about video/Tx reception as you have stated that you upgraded the antennas. Please see my questions below, and I would welcome your input/feedback:

(1) May I ask how fast you were travelling and how long you went that speed to hit the 32K feet mark? I realize that your H.S. speed is listed at 18.1mph on the screen shot but I imagine you were going faster than that.

(2) How much extra flight time do your 2x 1300mAh batteries add? I ask because you went 6 miles and it says you still have 63%... that's just crazy.

Thank you in advance for your input, and once again... fantastic work! Liked! :)

William

An amazing achievement for this UAV. Would I do that, nope. Here in the UK with all the congested airspace, military flights were I live I would be shot down for sure..:eek:

An amazing achievement for this UAV. Would I do that, nope. Here in the UK with all the congested airspace, military flights were I live I would be shot down for sure..:eek:

hmm - how about 7.8 miles in the UK -
7.8mile flight.jpg
flight record 1.jpg

Reactions: nickyb and brianb87

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub