Woman tries to scare off drone with gun

Agree with all of you. Made a post recently about people like this doing stupid things and almost got my head bit off by a few telling me why come on here and complain about things like this and just worry about myself. My concern was that continued actions like this is why drones are getting a bad rap and what will cause the FAA to come down on all of us and make the rules much more stiff. I agree that the majority of us have broken the rules now and then and myself included, but not purposely. I agree with one post comment about whoever was flying and purposely harassing their neighbor was stupid enough to post on YouTube. If it were shot down, it was well deserved. For what it's worth, just wanted to post my comments.

It would have been PERFECT if he/she (drone operator) had backed into a tree limb and the UAS would have flopped into the woman's yard and called LE to come "address" the situation.

She should of shot it down.

No she shouldn't have.

Cmon guys..... I know, we all know two wrongs don't make a right.

A lot of you guys get all uptight when someone post about a UAS (no more "drone" word for me) getting shot out of the sky, and how nothing is ever done.

UAS are not supposed to be shot at!!!! We need to get this redneck way of thinking over with.... I swear I was out the other day and some kid, (20 something) says, hey is that a drone? What are you doing flying it here? Don't fly it over my house or I'm gonna shoot it down.......". I didn't even respond.

No she shouldn't have.

A lot of you guys get all uptight when someone post about a UAS (no more "drone" word for me) getting shot out of the sky, and how nothing is ever done.

UAS are not supposed to be shot at!!!! We need to get this redneck way of thinking over with.... I swear I was out the other day and some kid, (20 something) says, hey is that a drone? What are you doing flying it here? Don't fly it over my house or I'm gonna shoot it down.......". I didn't even respond.
I basically said I don't blame her getting that angry but agree shooting them down is a bad idea. She didn't look like she fired it. I'd honesty be mad as heck about someone doing that at my house (other than me) and I haven't ever flow that close to another house.

Reactions: BigAl07
The rules went wrong, we shall respect privacy, here in.Japan at less a 100K USd fee to be pay.

No she shouldn't have.

You are correct on that 2 wrongs don't make a right

What she should have done is make a video with her phone of the UAV. Next dial 911 and let the police shoot the bird down. With the bonehead flying it, it isn't long for this world anyway.

tobby

Reactions: OOO and rlphoto69
I am very happy to know that this video was staged by the YouTube channel owner in order to get some viral views.
The woman was in on the video also. There was no crime and no "real" creeping going on.
Everyone fell for it and it worked. A tiny stroke of brilliance on the YouTube Channel owner's part. Stirred the synthetic pot of fake incidents.

A well "faked" incident that worked swimmingly.

Reactions: PaulSouthport
That absolutely was a great video. It does prove the point that drones can be shot out of the sky but also remember these LEO's are in specialized units with a lot of training. That looked like a lot of fun for both pilots and shooters.This hobby can be expensive, I would not last long if that's the way of the future,LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers