Wok-Fi, cheap, Long Range Mod, for control and extender

Reaction score
This is my home made "Wok-Fi" mod, this is for super long range directional control and FPV extender.
PwgEWHY.jpg

To calculate the focus point of your parabolic reflector use : http://www.downeastmicrowave.com/PDF/dishfp.PDF
No tutorial needed, this is as simple as it can get.

I've not tested this exact configuration yet because i just finished building it. In theory it should give 18-24 dBm directional range on both control and FPV. So at least 3-4x Range if well aimed and with a well calibrated focus point...

Enjoy

Haha if this works I want to be the first to order a large french fries, will you be doing milkshakes?

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Haha if this works I want to be the first to order a large french fries, will you be doing milkshakes?
My last parabolic design, was without a properly calculated focus point, using a half-parabolic can of bear 13.2cm large reflector, and was giving me 490m range on FPV(about 100% range inrease) total production cost : 0.50$.
This one is full parabolic, the control link reflector as a diameter of 16.5 cm, focus point was calculated. The range extender reflector diameter is 21 cm, with also a calculated focus point( total production cost: 5$).
I will go test it in 1 hour and give feedback here :p

Finaly that design was not as good as expected, only a 35% increase in range, i think it is because it was not copper or aluminium reflectors, but stainless steal...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl