Wise to buy?

Reaction score
Hello im really interested in buying the new phantom vision but ive been reading a lot of negative reviews...

Should I wait until these problems are corrected? Are they already corrected with the software update?

Ive read too that there is a new version that has the external usb port on the controller... How do I know if im getting that one and not the older one?

Finally, what vendor would you guys recomend?

Thanks for your help!

depends i wish i waited abit longer but i couldnt help myself.i flew mine around 50 times before i had a problem. it will be interesting to see how many others have problems with more use

Yesterday I would have said buy it!! I have mine a week and it has been great!

But there is so much technology in this thing and a lot that can go wrong. And it flies so make no mistake, it's gonna crash.

Is the FP camera function worth the extra 500$? Good question. It's not like you're gonna park yourself in a lawn chair and explore your neighborhood. You always wanna have an eye on it. Maybe thats just me.

But once you they to fly without the iPhone connected...you will quickly miss the ability to tilt the camera, pause the recording and take snapshots. That function is really once. And if you consider $350 for a go pro, then really you're only paying an extra $150 for the FP functions.

All said, I'd get it. At this point I am still confident DJI will address any issues. Any company that offers a refund for people that just bought the V1 says they want to keep customers and they want to keep them relatively happy.

Only time will tell. We'll see what my dealer tells me tomorrow.

Check my post on my PV2 suicide.

It just went crazy and I have no idea what went wrong. I really wish it was my mistake so I could just learn from it. Now I'm thinking between having it fixed and stick with dji or sell the parts and go with something else. It's been perfect all flights I had before and I did manage to get very nice images and videos.

I've sent a message to my retailer to see what are the policies regarding what happened. I sent him the exact same post I wrote in this forum.

It was actually your post the made me think about it... It seemed to be working fine for you and suddenly it didnt...

mine suicide himself at third fly :cry:

first fly: all perfect
second fly: invalid battery
(updated everything)
third fly: 6 min all perfect ... then turned off at 10m and slammed on hard grass :evil:

myvrodrocks said:
Yesterday I would have said buy it!! I have mine a week and it has been great!

But there is so much technology in this thing and a lot that can go wrong. And it flies so make no mistake, it's gonna crash.

Is the FP camera function worth the extra 500$? Good question. It's not like you're gonna park yourself in a lawn chair and explore your neighborhood. You always wanna have an eye on it. Maybe thats just me.

But once you they to fly without the iPhone connected...you will quickly miss the ability to tilt the camera, pause the recording and take snapshots. That function is really once. And if you consider $350 for a go pro, then really you're only paying an extra $150 for the FP functions.

All said, I'd get it. At this point I am still confident DJI will address any issues. Any company that offers a refund for people that just bought the V1 says they want to keep customers and they want to keep them relatively happy.

Only time will tell. We'll see what my dealer tells me tomorrow.

Well said. I feel the same way.

To answer the other part of your question I'd say Aerial Media Pros or Drone Fly. I have personally had very good supposrt and service from AMP. I also hear good things about Dronefly. Good luck.

James

JustJames said:
To answer the other part of your question I'd say Aerial Media Pros or Drone Fly. I have personally had very good supposrt and service from AMP. I also hear good things about Dronefly. Good luck.

James

I would add BH Photo to that list. I've dealt with them for years on photo equipment and they are not requiring return authorization from DJI like most other dealers are.

urgno said:
mine suicide himself at third fly :cry:

first fly: all perfect
second fly: invalid battery
(updated everything)
third fly: 6 min all perfect ... then turned off at 10m and slammed on hard grass :evil:

Id love to here any other details on this crash as possible. How bad was the your phantom damaged?

one motor and one arm of the chassis (so whole chassis have to be replaced)
after crash i brought to dealer so did not open it to see if there was other damage inside

anyway, my jaw dropped when I saw the poor PV falling from sky :cry:

Compared to the original phantom, I think it's a great deal.

Pros:
+ 25 mins vs 10 mins
+ Includes gopro-level camera (dynamic range may slightly be less)
+ Includes FPV transmitter system, already prewired and tuned.
+ Includes telemetry system
+ Includes App to integrate all of the above

Cons:
- Can't be used with FPV goggles (yet?)
- Can't change camera
- No proper 2-axis gimbal

The price is comparable when you add up the additional components on top of the original phantom, which still can't touch the battery life.

Depends on your climate at this time of year. If you're in the U.S. in a snowbelt region... Chances are you're not going to get in much flying time in the coming months. If that's the case, you might be well served by waiting until Spring to see what DJI has done with this product at that point. I'd have to assume the product would be a bit more stable by then... ;)

justsomeguy said:
LeoS said:
Compared to the original phantom, I think it's a great deal.

Pros:
+ Includes gopro-level camera (dynamic range may slightly be less)

That is simply not true from a video standpoint. Regardless of what the DJI marketing folks claim.

Photo specs? Probably better once the RAW converter is released.

Well, I have a full frame camera and travel with m43 cameras... so I mentioned 'gopro level' because I didn't have any reference of what would be below it? The most obvious difference to me is the lower dynamic range, as I've mentioned.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20