Wireless file transfer from the p4p?

Reaction score
I am wondering, is there a possibility to move the original still and video files via wifi from the p4p? I don't fancy taking the microSD every day, neither want to wear down the microSD connector.

I am wondering, is there a possibility to move the original still and video files via wifi from the p4p? I don't fancy taking the microSD every day, neither want to wear down the microSD connector.
No .. what you are asking about isn't possible,
But if it was it would be much, much slower than popping the SD card and putting it in an adapter and putting that in your computer.
It would also mean having the Phantom powered up the whole time.
You don't need to worry about the microSD connector either - it's fine.

Reactions: FlyingUser
No .. what you are asking about isn't possible,
But if it was it would be much, much slower than popping the SD card and putting it in an adapter and putting that in your computer.
It would also mean having the Phantom powered up the whole time.
You don't need to worry about the microSD connector either - it's fine.
Thought so, thanks! Decent wifi connections can do nowadays 50-60MB/sec if well implemented, wouldn't be that bad.

It's possible to do this on iOS at least; probably Android too. Then you could sync your iOS/Android device with your computer wirelessly.

Open the DJI app, go to the gallery.
Click on each photo individually and choose download original.
Wait 5 minutes.
Get bored.
Decide using the micro SD is much better

;)

Reactions: Meta4

Taking it out every day? Unless it's a defective unit it can handle many Many MANY extractions with no issue. We change out the card after just about every single flight and some days we fly for several hours (I'll leave the math up to yall LOL). Be careful with inserting/removing the card and you should be good to go for many card swap outs.

We also often take out and replace the micro SD card twice a day.

The key with all technology is “be careful”. (Many people are unbelievably rough when handling such precisely engineered components.) My usual example when training team members is a Sharp photocopier bought in 1985. We had “one careful user” for it, operating it and replacing anything. And Sharp (UK) were shocked that it was still in great working order over 21 years later - to the extent that they needed to get consumables for it from Nigeria because the model became obsolete in all other countries.

I had a 15-year-old Ethiopian girl die in my arms during the 1985 famine. She died through the lack of 4 or 5 pence (£ Sterling) worth of medicine that anyone could have administered. Despite taking three plane loads of medicine and other relief/development goods on that particular trip, her unnecessary death had a significant impact on me. As a consequence, I more appreciate material items - looking after them as well as possible - and I value thrift. And that’s before any consideration of environmental wastage with over 7 billion people doing the “I want more” thing.

Reactions: FlyingUser

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers