Wire end snapped off for video feed

Reaction score
The wires popped off of the port during a crash. I fit them all back in except for one which snapped off. Does anyone have any ideas for a fix without having to order another cable set? I've got a shoot coming up and don't think I have much time! Thanks!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0216.JPG
    IMG_0216.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 407
Hello Jmt129,
That is a JST " GH " connector, the pin you broke is this:
image.jpeg

They are about $0.35 each ( get several , as they are tiny and you will mess a few up if you never done it before )

You will also need these:
( can find on eBay: Engineer PA-09 )
image.jpeg

Those pins are DOUBLE CRIMP, you crimp bare wire first, then crimp shielding! It is easy, but due to small size, can be damaged easily! I suggest you get 10, as they drop to 32 cents each if you buy 10-25 of them.

I can make you a video of how to do it! I use DIGI-key, but you can use MOUSER, or Newark . You have part number in picture above! GOOD LUCK to you, if you lived close to me I'd be glad to fix it for you!

J Dot
Hope this helps!
Take care, repair safe!
:cool:

THANK YOU!!! I just ordered the parts. Excited to get this thing back into shape! Really appreciate your help.

NO PROBLEM,
Glad to help, I too was stuck in similar situation, with a different connector, but after getting nowhere, on trying to locate connectors, numbers, ect. I sat for hours in front of my computer going through connectors one at a time, ( on digikey website ) until I located and catagorized them all! Now I can offer my knowledge to anyone who needs help! ( p3/p4 ) has some new connectors I have not seen before, but as soon as I get my hands on one, I'll catagorized them as well. Lol

Please let me know if you need help, those can be tricky to do, you'll want to strip ONLY 1:16th inch off wire ( 1/8 inch is too much off ) you might have to take an ( Exacto knife ) and trim edges of shielding on wire where you striped it off, cause sometimes the shielding is too thick to slip into pin, then once it fits, slide pin into crimpers, insert wire, crimp ONLY bare wire first, then crimp shielding ( if you try both at once , it flattens the pin, and it won't go back into connector ) must do separately. I'd be glad to make you a short how to, on a spare piece of wire, so you can SEE Zhou it is done correctly, without damage, and strong bond!

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Wow thank you so much. It probably would do me a lot of good (and save some sweat and tears) to see how you do it. I think I understand the concept from your description but I have not done this first-hand. If you do a little "how to" I would love to see how it's done :p Again, I am so grateful for your help!!

Sweet video! This will definitely help. You're a lifesaver.

I'll let you know how it goes, thanks :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20