Will the p4p be able to take some stunning star pictures of the milky way?

Reaction score
How good is it the low light capability? Does anyone know if it can pull of those kinds of shots?

Saw a video from a link that Msinger posted and the low light capabilities are incredible. I will find it.

Saw a video from a link that Msinger posted and the low light capabilities are incredible. I will find it.
are you talking about this:

Just saw some of it, but I'm asking about stars in particular

More accurate is shutter speed. In my experience you want a 30 second shutter speed but can work down to 15 seconds. The P4 only goes down to 8 seconds. You are not really going to get a quality milky way shot with this. The other limiting factor is movement. You are just never going to get the P4 to stay still enough to even make stars look very clear... unless you were to mount the P4 onto a stationary tripod.

Let me also say that drones are design to take shots down (or level). I'd think most milky way shots could simply be captured with a normal camera.

Reactions: tml4191
At night, even if you turn off the front LEDs I'm guessing the rear blinking greens would be enough to drown out a shot like that. I suppose you could either tape them over or disconnect them entirely.

Also if it's like the existing Phantoms, you'll only be able to pan the camera 30° above horizontal, so no overheads or anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20