Wifi signal terrible

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to the drone game and purchased a phantom 3 4K. I had high hopes of using it in my roofing business to inspect tall buildings. So far the recorded video is incredible but the connection from the phantom to the controller is terrible. More often then not I get about 300 ft and the video starts to garble, not long after that I get warnings about connectivity.

I've seen people flying in all sorts of environments with no problems. Am I doing something wrong? Are there settings to check?

Help please!

1. Are there many signal interference in the area? Like wifi hotspots? Because that will interfere with your video signal.
2. Did you get clear line of sight when operating? Any building or tree that will obstruct your signal to the drone?

Make sure your antenna(s) are oriented correctly according to the manual (parallel to the legs of your Phantom).

1. Are there many signal interference in the area? Like wifi hotspots? Because that will interfere with your video signal.
2. Did you get clear line of sight when operating? Any building or tree that will obstruct your signal to the drone?

I'm in a residential neighborhood I'm sure there are tons of other wifi signal but it does it when I'm away as well. I'm considering just returning this one and getting the phantom 4, it's on sale right now.
Make sure your antenna(s) are oriented correctly according to the manual (parallel to the legs of your Phantom).
Thanks guys. I tried several of the suggestions and nothing changed. I went and returned the 3 4K and got the new phantom 4. Charging batteries now.

I'm in a residential neighborhood I'm sure there are tons of other wifi signal but it does it when I'm away as well. I'm considering just returning this one and getting the phantom 4, it's on sale right now.

Thanks guys. I tried several of the suggestions and nothing changed. I went and returned the 3 4K and got the new phantom 4. Charging batteries now.
Any Better?

I think it might be better. I am still getting some video chop when I get about 100 ft out. I do see that a lot of the people posting videos are seeing the same thing so Im assuming its normal. I do however LOVE the new features of the P4. It is much more responsive as well.

I think it might be better. I am still getting some video chop when I get about 100 ft out. I do see that a lot of the people posting videos are seeing the same thing so Im assuming its normal. I do however LOVE the new features of the P4. It is much more responsive as well.
You must have had a defective P3S.
Video chop?
Have you noticed the shadow effect from the props when camera is facing the sun?
There is a shield for that, don't remember the technical term.
Could you be filming in to high of res for the playback device.
I also had some jitters in my videos, I did the IMU, then Gimbal, it went away.
Know nothing about the P4.

Good Luck,

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic