Why Warnings switching to NAZA-like mode. ?

Reaction score
Hi I´m Newbie, any can explain why Naza - Mode in PV is dangerus ? The IOC mode is for safety feature for newbies, but why warning in the software assistent ? Thanks for answers

It's not dangerous, it just adds another layer of options to select, and therefore complexity. I think the best think to do is get very comfortable flying your Vision in "Vision" mode - there's nothing else to worry about except perhaps flipping the switch to regain control during RTH.

Once you're comfortable with the fundamentals of flying it in full GPS mode you can enable the NAZA extras like atti mode and IOC as flying the Vision should be second nature by then - you won't be struggling to fly whilst struggling to switch into the correct mode, etc. As a beginner you probably shouldn't be flying far enough away that you NEED the IOC mode to get out of trouble...

Don't forget if you lose satellite connection (either through terrain or hardware failure) all bets are off with regards to the additional aids, and if you lose wifi range on top you'll be in atti mode and on your own. It's always good therefore to be comfortable with basic "stick and rudder" and getting to know your aircraft orientation at all times, inlcuding flying nose-in if necessary, before switching on the additional flight aids and then becoming reliant on them to bring you back. One day, they might not be there...

Just my opinion! :)

Good advice, for sure. For total control, nose-in is essential, IMHO. My nose-in comes from heli flying, but the application is the same. I also practiced with a cheap little Helimax 1sq, which by the way, is a hell of a lot of fun and a good introduction to quads but without all of the "aids", it's all in the hands of the pilot. :shock: Nose in is a hoot, especially hovering right in front of you and quite closely... no threat of serious injury from those tiny blades (again, imho)

Well said Pull_up. ;)

Thank you juarboleda.

Like and idiot, I was affraid to click on that because of the warnings. I wanted to make sure I could go back before I clicked on it.

Jeff

Are there Naza mode manuals for the P2V, which apparently has only a Naza-like mode?

Where are Attitude Mode, or Home, or Course modes for the P2V documented?

Is there even a clear description of the various S1 and S2 modes as used by the P2V,
in Vision mode and in Naza mode?

Perhaps the warnings are because the non-Vision modes are not
yet well described for the P2V?

I think you are right. From the way DJI released it it looks like something they expect only owners of a previous Phantom version to get involved with and therefore have some familiarity with the available modes. The full NAZA feature set is well documented on the DJI wiki, including some good explanatory videos on the V1 Phantom pages of the site, but there isn't as yet anything I've found from DJI that explains the subset available to the Vision owner. Having said that once you click the NAZA mode button on the Assistant software it becomes fairly obvious which features are available - you then just need to find out how they work on your own!

MrFlats said:
Can you switch back to vision mode in the software if you do not like NAZA mode?

There's nothing not to like about Naza mode since when you fly with both s1 and s2 switches up you're in GPS flight mode which is identical in every way to the way the vision flys out of the box. And you get the other flight modes available to you should you want to use them. The only down side to switching to Naza mode is you loose a new feature that only works in phantom 2 vision mode that lets you reset your "home" position by flicking the s2 switch up and down 5 times.

Read the tech support area for the phantom 1 to learn about the Naza how it works the slight changes to some of the led blinking patterns and so forth.

Resetting the Home position is such a great feature, it is a shame to lose it in Naza mode.

Perhaps somebody who has enabled Naza mode can fly with both switches up,
and test the setting of a new Home? Thanks!

I haven't tested it in anger but I can confirm flipping the appropriate switch settings in NAZA mode does give you the rapidly flashing green LED signal that denotes resetting home position/resetting course-lock orientation.

As I said though, I haven't field tested to make sure it actually does what it's signalling... It's been blowing gales here for what seems like days and days. :(

Driffill said:
V1 phantoms can reset the home position, are you sure you lose it?

I'm not 100% sure the reset home function is lost when in Naza. From what I heard it had to be in phantom mode so it's a natural assumption it won't work in while in Nazza mode. Next time I fly I will test that theory.

Pull_Up said:
I haven't tested it in anger but I can confirm flipping the appropriate switch settings in NAZA mode does give you the rapidly flashing green LED signal that denotes resetting home position/resetting course-lock orientation.

As I said though, I haven't field tested to make sure it actually does what it's signalling... It's been blowing gales here for what seems like days and days. :(

I'd also be curious to know if the reset home function will work while still in the air or do you have to be on the ground.

The idea behind it is being able to reset the home point while in flight, to be able to circle a poi in home lock mode if you want too.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl