Why two 2.4ghz antennas

Why two 2.4ghz antennas on control what

I know that they are video but why do you need two I’m asking this because I’m looking at buying some boosters but not sure if I need two or just one

What are you asking? A P3 Standard has only 1 antenna on the RC.......

What are you asking? A P3 Standard has only 1 antenna on the RC.......

One you can see witch is the 5ghz one there are all so two within the control I’ve all so modded my controller so there both out side now

Well, that makes better sense. I knew the other was internal. I should have stated "external". Can't really answer that one in reference to the modifications you made.

I've read it before here as to why two tiny antennas small like a "cheese it cracker" that are internal in the RC unit.........the way i understand it is this : one transmits and the other receives ~ makes sense dont it !

I've read it before here as to why two tiny antennas small like a "cheese it cracker" that are internal in the RC unit.........the way i understand it is this : one transmits and the other receives ~ makes sense dont it !

5ghz one controls the drone .what the camera sees is sent back to the controller why do you need two 2.4gbz

5ghz one controls the drone .what the camera sees is sent back to the controller why do you need two 2.4gbz
I recently asked about how the two antennas work. It was explained to me that the rc uses diversity reception. It has two separate receivers, and switches back and forth between them, checking for the best signal.

I recently asked about how the two antennas work. It was explained to me that the rc uses diversity reception. It has two separate receivers, and switches back and forth between them, checking for the best signal.

So if I’m looking at putting boosters on my controller then it needs too be x3 two 2.5ghz and one 5ghz one ?
IMG_2102.jpg
but look at this modded controller I found on the internet the 2.5gbz one on the left is not being boosted only the other two are

Reactions: kevla
Heres a good picture.....of the two 2.4 antenna plugs and the one 5.8 antenna plugs !
Antenna plugs.jpg

Reactions: infinite
Man......some of that added antenna hardware....sure adds quite a bit of forward weight.......id take that in consideration IF i was going to add that type of antenna
then you have added battery's to recharge !

So if I’m looking at putting boosters on my controller then it needs too be x3 two 2.5ghz and one 5ghz one ? View attachment 97967 but look at this modded controller I found on the internet the 2.5gbz one on the left is not being boosted only the other two are
You don't have to use two boosters. The receiver with the stronger signal would be the one used. Two would be better, but not necessary.

Reactions: stu2b2
You don't have to use two boosters. The receiver with the stronger signal would be the one used. Two would be better, but not necessary.

IMG_2107.jpg
IMG_2108.jpg

I’m thinking of giving these ago I think they should work right [emoji848]

I’m not trying to break any distance world records but just don’t won’t to keep getting video lost feeds then drone lost

What drone is that I’m curious? If it was mine I would hook up all three I’m sure it would help the range like no other!

A 5volt power bank with 3 line outs and it’s a phantom 3 standard
IMG_1819.jpg

So going to put them on and see what we get

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers