Why isn't the FPV app with the goggles popular?

So after reading this thread I decided to jump in and give it a shot...once my headset gets delivered my set up will be:

Freefly VR headset
iPhone 6+
FPV Camera/FPV Goggles

Any advice on phone settings etc for best resolution and FPV experience ?

So after reading this thread I decided to jump in and give it a shot...once my headset gets delivered my set up will be:

Freefly VR headset
iPhone 6+
FPV Camera/FPV Goggles

Any advice on phone settings etc for best resolution and FPV experience ?
In FPV Camera/FPV Goggles, there are several settings to optimize FPV experience. Screen adjustment is very important to ensure the best side-by-side view for different size iPhone and headset.

Head Tracking
  • Head Tracking: Toggle On/Off camera tilting by head movement. Do NOT use RC gimbal dial for camera tilting to avoid conflict when Head Tracking is enabled.
  • Camera Tilt Sensitivity: When Head Tracking enabled, it adjusts how sensitive to tilt the camera upon head movement. As a human, it's very hard to keep our head steady without any movement. This option sets an idle zone for head movement without triggering the camera tilting.
Screen Adjustment
  • Brightness: Adjust screen brightness independently in FPV Goggles mode regardless iPhone brightness setting. It's common you usually set your iPhone brightness to fairly high for general purpose, but you don't need that much brightness inside dark goggles compartment.
  • Scaling: Adjust side-by-side screens size for fitting various size iPhone and headsets.
  • Spacing: Adjust the space between left/right screens for fitting various size iPhone and headsets.
  • Vertical Offset: Adjust up/down of side-by-side screens for fitting various size iPhone and headsets.

I finally decided to try the fpv camera app with a set of cheap vr box goggles, with an iPhone 6.
Now I would like to upgrade to a better set of goggles, like the hundred dollar version.
Has anyone tried the nicer goggles ( Merge, Noon, homido,or any like ) with an iPhone 6 ? If so would love some suggestions

Is there an android version or 3d app for android that is recommended? One that shows the OSD along with the video and camera settings?

I see a lot of people until now opening threads on how to se FPV goggles such as the VR box and asking about litchi or ways to split the screen. I even see people buying those over priced Google cardboard boxes for $20 lol

I have been using the FPV app with goggle mode for about 6 months now. It's an amazing experience and makes flying and shooting footage so much easier. I use a pair of China made goggles similar to the VR box I found on eBay for $15. I fit my iPhone 6 in there and launch the FPV app and it's gets going. The giggle mode was an extra add on that cost a few bucks but it's really worth it and I really love it. I just don't see much talk about it, not sure if people are completely unaware of it.

The app itself is very functional and allows you to rotate the camera using ur head which is pretty cool, also allows you to customize the telemetry. It also has a map on the bottom left that shows you which way you are pointing your RC. I seriously give this app 5 stars. I really hated flying using my iPhone mounted with the sunlight in my face. What do you guys think?
I would love to try this, but don't know exactly what and where to purchase it (googles etc.) Would you please when you have time give me this info. Thank you!

Which app are you using? Drone VR?
I think he is referring to FPV Camera for IOS. Then there is an in-app purchase required for FPV Goggles. The whole thing is only $10 (at least, that's what I paid)
BTW: Litchi just released the VR mode for IOS in their latest update. (it was already available for Android) All you need is a pair of cheap VR goggles.
Try it - you might like it.

Reactions: Mudcat
I think he is referring to FPV Camera for IOS. Then there is an in-app purchase required for FPV Goggles. The whole thing is only $10 (at least, that's what I paid)
BTW: Litchi just released the VR mode for IOS in their latest update. (it was already available for Android) All you need is a pair of cheap VR goggles.
Thank you!

I have an HTC ONE M9, bought the goggles, then the app. Total $50. I could not get the app to stay connected to the P3, contacted Litchi after three days of trying everything twenty times, they tell me the app does not work with the HTC M9. That would have been nice to know before I bought everything and spent three days troubleshooting....

I have an HTC ONE M9, bought the goggles, then the app. Total $50. I could not get the app to stay connected to the P3, contacted Litchi after three days of trying everything twenty times, they tell me the app does not work with the HTC M9. That would have been nice to know before I bought everything and spent three days troubleshooting....

Does the M9 work ok with the DJI Go app? I wonder what's lacking? Is there a different Android VR app alternative?

I really enjoy the FPV app, best 10$ I spent. The APP is very stable and developers update it regularly. I use a cheap 15$ VR box I found on ebay but I love it. Not a fan of the head tilt but its a cool feature. I love the custom tele, I like to view all my battery voltages.

The last flight I had gave me a compass error mid flight but nothing happened. I think its related to the latest firmware making the compass more sensitive. The error popped up for 2 seconds and went away.

Yes, I can get the Go app to work. But it is a little tricky. I have to restart my phone, go to app manager and "stop" the GO app, go to USB and change it to MIDI, turn on the transmitter, then the P3, then hook the phone to transmitter then start the app. 50% of the time it will connect and I can go. 50% of the time it does not and I have to do it all over again. When it is connected, it stays connected. With Litchi I could get it to connect 1 out of 20 tries, but as soon as I touched any of the settings it would disconnect. I tried everything, I uninstalled any app that needed the USB port including GO, cleared the cache, enabled and disabled USB debugging. (Litchi told me that USB debugging should not be on with Litchi or GO), tried all the different USB options. Nothing worked. I even did a factory reset of my phone and only installed LITCHI, no dice. It still would not work. Finally Litchi said "oh yeah, the app is not compatible with your phone. I do not understand why, Maybe they were just tired of guess what to do to help me. I did get a refund. Seems LG phones have the same issue. My android tablet connects no problem 100% of the time. (Shield K1). So I dunno. I am usually really good at troubleshooting computers, phones etc. But this app just didn't want to play fair.
Does the M9 work ok with the DJI Go app? I wonder what's lacking? Is there a different Android VR app alternative?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor