Why isn't the FPV app with the goggles popular?

You can change Camera Mode to Photo and adjust Aspect Ratio to 4:3 for larger side-by-side display. You may further turn off navigation map and custom telemetry as you like. However, I think using navigation map and custom telemetry is more immersive IMO to let you feel seating inside aircraft cockpit.
Can you use goggle and while in mission planner? If you can can you show me how and if you can't why?

You can change Camera Mode to Photo and adjust Aspect Ratio to 4:3 for larger side-by-side display. You may further turn off navigation map and custom telemetry as you like. However, I think using navigation map and custom telemetry is more immersive IMO to let you feel seating inside aircraft cockpit.
I like the map, I just don't have much space on my small iphone 5S screen, wish you could put the go back to home in the lower right corner

Can you use goggle and while in mission planner? If you can can you show me how and if you can't why?
Yes, you can do so. Once you upload & start the mission, you can exit Mission Planner and switch to goggles mode. However, the app will not be able to control the gimbal (Auto-Tilt) or pause/resume the mission in goggles mode. You can always flip to P-mode to abort the mission though.

Yes, you can do so. Once you upload & start the mission, you can exit Mission Planner and switch to goggles mode. However, the app will not be able to control the gimbal (Auto-Tilt) or pause/resume the mission in goggles mode. You can always flip to P-mode to abort the mission though.
Cool. I will try it.

I see a lot of people until now opening threads on how to se FPV goggles such as the VR box and asking about litchi or ways to split the screen. I even see people buying those over priced Google cardboard boxes for $20 lol

I have been using the FPV app with goggle mode for about 6 months now. It's an amazing experience and makes flying and shooting footage so much easier. I use a pair of China made goggles similar to the VR box I found on eBay for $15. I fit my iPhone 6 in there and launch the FPV app and it's gets going. The giggle mode was an extra add on that cost a few bucks but it's really worth it and I really love it. I just don't see much talk about it, not sure if people are completely unaware of it.

The app itself is very functional and allows you to rotate the camera using ur head which is pretty cool, also allows you to customize the telemetry. It also has a map on the bottom left that shows you which way you are pointing your RC. I seriously give this app 5 stars. I really hated flying using my iPhone mounted with the sunlight in my face. What do you guys think?

The FPV app is not just about goggles, the intelligent mode for taking Panoramas is deadly accurate.
See this link for Ashenbury Park

Ashenbury Park from Woodley, Wokingham, UK

I shot 18 pictures on a grid of 6 x 18.
The next day the clouds were better, so I put it up in the air again and shot the top row of six pictures.
They blend in perfectly to the previous days shoot. So the the repeatability is near perfect. That's some camera mount.

The FPV app is not just about goggles, the intelligent mode for taking Panoramas is deadly accurate.

The next day the clouds were better, so I put it up in the air again and shot the top row of six pictures.
They blend in perfectly to the previous days shoot. So the the repeatability is near perfect. That's some camera mount.
Nice spherical panorama shot! Guess you were using Panorama-Waypoint mission. Never thought of split shooting in 2 days and merging a panorama like that.

If you like to shoot more sky, you may program camera tilting up to +30° though you may expect to capture aircraft propellers and front arms in photos.

Was that the end result of the panorama shot? What did you do to put the images together.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice spherical panorama shot! Guess you were using Panorama-Waypoint mission. Never thought of split shooting in 2 days and merging a panorama like that.

If you like to shoot more sky, you may program camera tilting up to +30° though you may expect to capture aircraft propellers and front arms in photos.
Thanks , yes it was waypoint mission. I have tried shooting upwards 30deg , but the clouds move between the rows and I cannt get control points.
Guess I will have to be happy with 45 Deg up and 90 deg down

Was that the end result of the panorama shot? What did you do to put the images together.

Hi Tony, I used PTgui to stitch the photos. I tried a few free ones like Microsoft ICE ,but waisted a lot of time. You have to put your hand in your pocket if you want results. There is a good free viewer though to review them on your own desktop thats FSPviewer.
Also finding a good site to host them takes some trial and error.

Wow. Thanks for info. Will have to do my homework to understand this.

Awesome, I love the UK. After trying Litchi and Autopilot my favorite be far is FPV. It is the easiest for me to use and works well with my iOS. Litchi I think is good if you have a android. Thanks for the education.

Reactions: PVFlyer
Not only have I tried it I own 3 different FPV headset units along with Both a VIVE PRE, and access to the Oculus RIFT CV1
Then your doing something wrong

...missing some of the point. First of all...you can split the screen on, say, a Galaxy S7 and have exactly full res 720p for each eye. More resolution than that would be wasted without a higher res downlink. Secondly, the optics do adjust the perceived focal plane so it's not quite like cramming a phone into your face...pixel pitch vs angle of view will be the biggest factor now, contributing to the "screen door" effect people talk about. Thirdly, and most importantly to me, is the control you gain via head tracking. We are very used to and very good at pointing our own internal cameras (eyes) using highly developed neck muscles, so it makes a lot of sense to me to apply that to the onboard camera. You get both a heightened sense of immersion, if you're after the sensation of flight, or natural, capable one-man control, if you're in it for the footage.

Oh and fourth..uh..ly; I can count the number of sun glare problems I've had using a headset without using any fingers.

Hi Tony, I used PTgui to stitch the photos. I tried a few free ones like Microsoft ICE ,but waisted a lot of time. You have to put your hand in your pocket if you want results. There is a good free viewer though to review them on your own desktop thats FSPviewer.
Also finding a good site to host them takes some trial and error.
I used the free Microsoft ICE to stitch 18 photos (3x6) panorama (link below). It worked pretty well with full automatic operation WITHOUT reference points matching required. It's much faster than most of other pano stitchers, and I spent only 2 minutes to get a spherical panorama done.

Gold Coast Yacht Club

Awesome, I love the UK. After trying Litchi and Autopilot my favorite be far is FPV. It is the easiest for me to use and works well with my iOS. Litchi I think is good if you have a android. Thanks for the education.
I'm starting to agree. As litchi crashed on me when j was about 10k out. I was using screen recorder. No matter what I did I could not restart it. I had to fly back in the dark. Or rth until I got a visual. Go app would not fire up either. Maybe because of the distance from my device.

I have noticed that once you start Litchi you can't start DJI Go until you "release" the USB from Litchi. When you start one or the other it "takes command" of your USB debugging in Android. You have to go to settings and stop it some times if it gets shut down unnaturally.

I have noticed that once you start Litchi you can't start DJI Go until you "release" the USB from Litchi. When you start one or the other it "takes command" of your USB debugging in Android. You have to go to settings and stop it some times if it gets shut down unnaturally.
Really? So removing the usb would have restarted go app? Even from the distance I was at? 10.000ft? I tried this the other day. I was s out 2k out. I landed the bird and shut her down. It said disconnected. But I started it back up remotely no problem.

Sometimes. I got into DJI GO once and the camera was turned down dark and I could not change it. I released the USB Debugging from Litchi and then restarted DJI GO and it fixed it.

interesting difference...I've been able to go back and forth between DJI Go and visual vertigo's FPV app with both of them running on iOS

I have done the same at times with apps but they can hang up sometimes. I would not recommend changing apps in the middle of flying.

Exactly. I've done it with some apps. But did not work with litchi.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga