Why isn't the FPV app with the goggles popular?

Yes, I can get the Go app to work. But it is a little tricky. I have to restart my phone, go to app manager and "stop" the GO app, go to USB and change it to MIDI, turn on the transmitter, then the P3, then hook the phone to transmitter then start the app. 50% of the time it will connect and I can go. 50% of the time it does not and I have to do it all over again. When it is connected, it stays connected. With Litchi I could get it to connect 1 out of 20 tries, but as soon as I touched any of the settings it would disconnect. I tried everything, I uninstalled any app that needed the USB port including GO, cleared the cache, enabled and disabled USB debugging. (Litchi told me that USB debugging should not be on with Litchi or GO), tried all the different USB options. Nothing worked. I even did a factory reset of my phone and only installed LITCHI, no dice. It still would not work. Finally Litchi said "oh yeah, the app is not compatible with your phone. I do not understand why, Maybe they were just tired of guess what to do to help me. I did get a refund. Seems LG phones have the same issue. My android tablet connects no problem 100% of the time. (Shield K1). So I dunno. I am usually really good at troubleshooting computers, phones etc. But this app just didn't want to play fair.
I'm sure you know more than I do about this, but have you tried 1) turn on controller, 2) turn on device and the app, 3) turn on the P3? Make sure all apps are "killed" before you start.
Or... get an iPhone for your P3...problem solved. :)

Reactions: Sim597
Yes sir. Many many many times. I have tried it all. I also tried the Drone VR app, same results. It would not connect at all. I gave up, I do not need the frustration. The Nvidia K1 has an HDMI out port, I will try to figure something out with that...maybe.
My girls have the Iphone 6, I guess I could use one of their phones if they are here when I want to try FPV. That is if I cant disconnect the phone from their hands. I think it is implanted permanently.
I do not really care for Apple devices. I do have a Mini 4 though that I bought just for the P3. But I do not use it now that I have the Nvidia Shield K1, because I like the screen record feature on it.

I'm sure you know more than I do about this, but have you tried 1) turn on controller, 2) turn on device and the app, 3) turn on the P3? Make sure all apps are "killed" before you start.
Or... get an iPhone for your P3...problem solved. :)

Yes sir. Many many many times. I have tried it all. I also tried the Drone VR app, same results. It would not connect at all. I gave up, I do not need the frustration. The Nvidia K1 has an HDMI out port, I will try to figure something out with that...maybe.
My girls have the Iphone 6, I guess I could use one of their phones if they are here when I want to try FPV. That is if I cant disconnect the phone from their hands. I think it is implanted permanently.
I do not really care for Apple devices. I do have a Mini 4 though that I bought just for the P3. But I do not use it now that I have the Nvidia Shield K1, because I like the screen record feature on it.
There is a screen record feature in Litchi for IOS. Then you could use your ipad mini. Mine is very smooth and I believe it has higher resolution than the Shield. With all your stuff, you be able to find an acceptable solution. Stand in the shade, use a hood and maybe you won't need VR...just sayin'

Yeah, I have that covered. I just wanted to do the FPV.
I don't trust Litchi anymore, especially after doing some research and seeing all the issues with disconnects and the app not reconnecting...etc etc. Not to mention if there is a warranty issue and DJI can not get the flight records. So the claim will be denied.

There is a screen record feature in Litchi for IOS. Then you could use your ipad mini. Mine is very smooth and I believe it has higher resolution than the Shield. With all your stuff, you be able to find an acceptable solution. Stand in the shade, use a hood and maybe you won't need VR...just sayin'

Yeah, I have that covered. I just wanted to do the FPV.
I don't trust Litchi anymore, especially after doing some research and seeing all the issues with disconnects and the app not reconnecting...etc etc. Not to mention if there is a warranty issue and DJI can not get the flight records. So the claim will be denied.
That's the first I've heard of a lot of issues. I've really had none. As for warranty, Litchi uses the official DJI SDK so I doubt warranty is a problem, depending on what happened, of course. Incidentally, Litchi added more telemetry in their last update. There's a lot to like. Ask around.

I wish I could like it. I tried.
As for the warranty, someone on here had a motor fail and crashed. They contacted DJI and they asked for the flight logs. Because he was using Litchi, the flight logs were not in DJIs format. They denied his claim because he was using a third party app.
I really wanted to use the FPV feature.
That's the first I've heard of a lot of issues. I've really had none. As for warranty, Litchi uses the official DJI SDK so I doubt warranty is a problem, depending on what happened, of course. Incidentally, Litchi added more telemetry in their last update. There's a lot to like. Ask around.

The issues of disconnection are discussed on that google page you shared with me.

I wish I could like it. I tried.
As for the warranty, someone on here had a motor fail and crashed. They contacted DJI and they asked for the flight logs. Because he was using Litchi, the flight logs were not in DJIs format. They denied his claim because he was using a third party app.
I really wanted to use the FPV feature.
That would be a concern. I am out of warranty anyway, so it doesn't matter in my case.
FYI: The FPV feature actually refers to viewing it live on your device. VR is watching it through your goggles. Small point, but they have different meanings.
See what people are saying on the Litchi forum. Google Groups

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1