Why has my R/C gone haywire!?

Reaction score
After I "lost" my first P3S, I bought a replacement and, as a result, I now have two r/c's. The new outfit works perfectly so I decided to try flying with the "old" r/c with strange results. It linked easily with greens on both the drone and r/c so I took it to a local field to test it out. The first odd thing I noticed was that the motors would not start with controllers pulled down in the usual way so I tried auto take-off and up it went and hovered quite normally - then the troubles started. Some controls appeared to have reversed with "up" going "down" and vice-versa - in fact all the controls went haywire, some changing direction with increased pressure on the controls resulting in the drone zooming around like a mad thing. I hastily managed to juggle the controls enough to get it on the ground but then the motors would not stop resulting in an undignified flip-over! Fortunately, there was no real damage and the drone flies normally with the original r/c. Can any of you droners out there suggest what has gone wrong and what, if anything, I can do to correct matters?

After I "lost" my first P3S, I bought a replacement and, as a result, I now have two r/c's. The new outfit works perfectly so I decided to try flying with the "old" r/c with strange results. It linked easily with greens on both the drone and r/c so I took it to a local field to test it out. The first odd thing I noticed was that the motors would not start with controllers pulled down in the usual way so I tried auto take-off and up it went and hovered quite normally - then the troubles started. Some controls appeared to have reversed with "up" going "down" and vice-versa - in fact all the controls went haywire, some changing direction with increased pressure on the controls resulting in the drone zooming around like a mad thing. I hastily managed to juggle the controls enough to get it on the ground but then the motors would not stop resulting in an undignified flip-over! Fortunately, there was no real damage and the drone flies normally with the original r/c. Can any of you droners out there suggest what has gone wrong and what, if anything, I can do to correct matters?
I wonder if the settings in the app had anything to do with it? I think Mode 2 is the default.

all the controls went haywire, some changing direction with increased pressure on the controls resulting in the drone zooming around like a mad thing

I've seen that once in Ph2 with badly calibrated RC. The RC was calibrated in such a way that putting the stick half way was resulting in max stick value (I think the proper range was -1000...1000), and pushing the stick enoughly beyond that was resulting in the drone moving like the other stick was pushed.

Calibrating the RC to proper stick limits would probably fix that.

I've seen that once in Ph2 with badly calibrated RC. The RC was calibrated in such a way that putting the stick half way was resulting in max stick value (I think the proper range was -1000...1000), and pushing the stick enoughly beyond that was resulting in the drone moving like the other stick was pushed.

Calibrating the RC to proper stick limits would probably fix that.
Tnx for the replies 1. Yes, I have tried all modes and none corrected the problem. 2. The r/c model nos. are the same, 3.I have tried recallibrating the r/c several times without success - the images on the app. correctly match the movement on the controls and "done" shows on completion of the callibration but the problem remains.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31