Why doesn't DJI make 2 versions of the DJI GO 4 app?

Reaction score
Their efforts to try to get the app the conform to both Android and iOS seems like it's making the otherwise stable app (in iOS), to have major glitches in iOS. Why don't they make separate, dedicated apps for both iOS and Android? Before the latest update, the app was tracking nearly flawlessly in iOS, but now I'm having major stability issues irregardless of whether I'm using the 5.8, or 2.4 bandwidths. I haven't updated my Mavic Pro, and it's working fine, but with my Phantom 4 Pro, I'm getting green screens, and all sorts of tracking glitches, even at short distance.

Why don't they make separate, dedicated apps for both iOS and Android?
They are separate dedicated apps. One is not exchangeable with the other. They run on different operating systems.

Reactions: Ripper7620
They are separate dedicated apps. One is not exchangeable with the other. They run on different operating systems.
Thank you for clearing that up, I had no idea. I still can't understand why the latest update is such a disaster for the iOS version.

Thank you for clearing that up, I had no idea. I still can't understand why the latest update is such a disaster for the iOS version.
Runs fine and rock solid on my ipad mini 4. I read very few reports of problems on IOS, more on android.
For the avoidance of doubt, I normally stay away from all Apple stuff, but in this case it works, and functionality wins out over prejudice.

Reactions: BigAl07
They are different aps or at least they used to be. I no longer have an Android device but when I did they were different but they looked just alike. They had different

Maybe try removing and reinstalling the app. I'm running Go4 on iOS and it's doing pretty good when I use it.

Runs fine and rock solid on my ipad mini 4. I read very few reports of problems on IOS, more on android.
For the avoidance of doubt, I normally stay away from all Apple stuff, but in this case it works, and functionality wins out over prejudice.
I'm also using an iPad mini 4, as well as trying it with my iPhone X, and in both cases, I'm losing connectivity with the aircraft at short distance.

They are different aps or at least they used to be. I no longer have an Android device but when I did they were different but they looked just alike. They had different

Maybe try removing and reinstalling the app. I'm running Go4 on iOS and it's doing pretty good when I use it.
Thank you, that was the first thing I tried(removing/reinstalling).

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl