Has anyone come across this problem with the GO 4 app creating folders on iPhone?

Reaction score
The DJI GO 4 app created 2 folders in my iPhone photo app that I can't get rid of. I initially used my iPhone 8 to download the app and connect it to the Mavic 2 Pro controller. I have since bought the DJI adapter that allows bigger screen devices and am no longer using the iPhone. Problem is, at some point these albums were created: 'DJI Works' & 'DJI Import' (There's another just called 'Import' and I'm not sure if the app created that one as well), and I can't delete them. I've deleted the GO 4 app, but those albums are still there. I synced the phone to iTunes in the hope that would remove them, but no luck. Does anyone have a suggestion? I can't delete the Photo App itself from the phone as it's an intregal part of IOS 12, so not delete X appears when you hold down the icon. Thanks

Actually, it's not normal. True, there are several apps that access the photos folder and create folders themselves, but they are always removable. They don't take over the photos app and insert undeleatable folders. Usually all it takes is connecting the phone to iTunes and unchecking the folders and doing a sync. The folder disappears. Not the case with these.

Actually, it's not normal. True, there are several apps that access the photos folder and create folders themselves, but they are always removable. They don't take over the photos app and insert undeleatable folders. Usually all it takes is connecting the phone to iTunes and unchecking the folders and doing a sync. The folder disappears. Not the case with these.

I haven't tried that. But I still don't understand what the problem is - are you just unhappy that these albums exist and you can't delete them, or are they causing some other issue? Saying that the GO app has taken over the Photos app is a bit of an overstatement.

I haven't tried that. But I still don't understand what the problem is - are you just unhappy that these albums exist and you can't delete them, or are they causing some other issue? Saying that the GO app has taken over the Photos app is a bit of an overstatement.

First of all, unless you have some psychological need to know my reason for the question, whether or not you understand the problem is not relevant. I merely stated this was the result and asked if there was a known solution. And the fact that GO 4 has, in fact, hijacked the iPhone photo app by inserting folders that cannot be deleted, is a big deal whether you think so or not.

First of all, unless you have some psychological need to know my reason for the question, whether or not you understand the problem is not relevant. I merely stated this was the result and asked if there was a known solution. And the fact that GO 4 has, in fact, hijacked the iPhone photo app by inserting folders that cannot be deleted, is a big deal whether you think so or not.

What a strange response. So wanting to know why you see this as a problem is irrelevant? And whether I, or anyone else understands the problem that you are presenting is irrelevant? I suggest you find a different forum if that's your attitude.

Strange response? I suppose If I tell you my brakes aren't working and ask if anyone has a solution, you'll want to know why I see this as a problem. I came here for information. You don't have any. But you jump in anyway. Maybe you just like racking up your message numbers. Now you're up to 4226.

Strange response? I suppose If I tell you my brakes aren't working and ask if anyone has a solution, you'll want to know why I see this as a problem. I came here for information. You don't have any. But you jump in anyway. Maybe you just like racking up your message numbers. Now you're up to 4226.

I was interested in the observation that this was a problem and I assumed, mistakenly of course, that you were on this discussion forum to discuss it. I didn't realize that you were just demanding answers. I'll make sure that I don't trouble you any more by putting you on my blocked list. And just maybe, if you survive here long enough, and if you ever contribute anything useful to the community, which seems very unlikely at this point, then you can start worrying about post counts.

Reactions: Oso and BigAl07
Ok gang... let's debate and discuss all we want but do NOT make it personal. There is always the IGNORE button if you just can't help yourself LOL.

Safe Flights :)
Allen

Reactions: Oso
I have those folders too. Likely something new in iOS 12. I don’t think they cause any problems. I didn’t even notice them before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav