Why Does The 5.8 GHz reciever have two cables?

Reaction score
I recently upgraded the RX on the phantom 2 vision V3 with a Futaba sbus RX.

My question is why does the stock RX have two cables connected to the NAZA, yet you only need to connect one to the new Futaba Sbus RX??

Does anyone know what each of those two stock cables are used for?

Thank You!

From what I was told by DJI it auto switches from either antenna for best signal, and helps eliminate multi path interference. I am about to upgrade my RX antenna(s) as well. From what I understand be VERY careful removing the old antenna wires...the black cement of death.

From what I was told by DJI it auto switches from either antenna for best signal, and helps eliminate multi path interference. I am about to upgrade my RX antenna(s) as well. From what I understand be VERY careful removing the old antenna wires...the black cement of death.

I'm not talking about the Antenna wires... I'm talking about the control wires from the RX to the NAZA unit.

X1 was the gimbal pitch. (eliminated)
X2 is the Sbus/Dbus interface. (retained).

Ok,

So they still connected it on the Vision 2 Plus but just don't use it... Thats strange!!

Thank you for the insight..

Mine is a P2NV and it was connected as well.

The second cable between the Naza and the receiver allows the Naza to find out about the receiver firmware and also do firmware upgrades on the receiver if needed.

I stand corrected, was using Naza not 'Phantom Naza' docs.Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.