Why does DJI say sports mode bad?

Reaction score
I notified DJI that on my iPhone 7 Plus when I enter into S mode I get a pop up that covers nearly the entire screen. I have to stop what I’m doing, hit OK, then I’m back in business. Anyway, this is the reply I got. Seems a little odd that they make sports mode as a selling point on their website.

Attachments

• C5B4AB81-57C1-42E9-8251-005106C9B4EE.png
    C5B4AB81-57C1-42E9-8251-005106C9B4EE.png
    445.9 KB · Views: 640
I notified DJI that on my iPhone 7 Plus when I enter into S mode I get a pop up that covers nearly the entire screen. I have to stop what I’m doing, hit OK, then I’m back in business. Anyway, this is the reply I got. Seems a little odd that they make sports mode as a selling point on their website.
Yea that's just a bad support person.

Reactions: John1960
That support person is simply a moron that has not one clue about the product. They are 100% incorrect. Seriously, I don't know that this person's reply could be more incorrect. Perhaps if they got their name wrong as well, it could be.

Thanks. I was only trying to report the annoying pop up that I didn’t get before until one of the recent app updates.

Here is my reply. I haven’t heard a word back. This all took place over the last 72 hours.

Thanks for the advice. I take off in P. To quickly get to my area of shooting which is 500 yards (sometimes more) away I run in S. Then back to P when shooting. Running back home in S mode then landing in P. It saves me time.

I understand the limitations in S mode. Having a warning/disclaimer that covers 80% of the display is highly distracting and not safe which is counterproductive.

What’s even more concerning. You make it sound like this is a bad mode or even a prohibited mode to be in. But here: Phantom 4 - DJI’s smartest flying camera ever. it advertises sports mode as a selling point. I’m confused.

I think the pop up is appropriate. I doubt any don't see that a person is going to be actively flying as they flip that switch anyway. It's also 100% appropriate information. I could see DJI offering the option to disregard the message from that point forward.

If you want something annoying, fly near an airport. You will get a pop up asking you to check two small boxes stating that you have permission. Many times, a few seconds later the same widow will pop up and you again need to check those two small boxes. I've had this happen 5 or 6 times during one flight.

I think the pop up is appropriate. I doubt any don't see that a person is going to be actively flying as they flip that switch anyway. It's also 100% appropriate information. I could see DJI offering the option to disregard the message from that point forward.

If you want something annoying, fly near an airport. You will get a pop up asking you to check two small boxes stating that you have permission. Many times, a few seconds later the same widow will pop up and you again need to check those two small boxes. I've had this happen 5 or 6 times during one flight.

Yikes! I have had the pop up that I’m about to enter a no fly zone. Even though I’m about 2 miles from one.

Yes! They are incompetent totally! I’ve had many run ins with them and all terrible. They seem to rely on a floy chart where they get a canned answer or worse, transfer you to who knows where and only to get disconnected!!!
I’ll never send anything to them again.
Jim
WA5TEF

Yes! They are incompetent totally! I’ve had many run ins with them and all terrible. They seem to rely on a floy chart where they get a canned answer or worse, transfer you to who knows where and only to get disconnected!!!
I’ll never send anything to them again.
Jim
WA5TEF

Thanks. I’m fairly new to this. But this seems to be a reoccurring theme. Lesson learned.

It disables obstacle avoidance.

I traveled about 100 mile to get to these cliffs to film a storm and when I went to fly I got this Pop Up stating that I was now in CHINA and had to put in a Phone number for china. I had tired everything I could to get out of it but it had me locked in. Frustrated we missed the storm and headed home.

I got myself ready to call DJI and the long wait it would be , but my phone call was picked up on the first ring and within 3 minutes my Drone was fixed , this was a lesson for me, never underestimate the DJI customer service as every experience I have had so far as been really good.

I have the Pro Plus controller but I do not get that Sport mode Pop Up and I am running the newest firmware ,
Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor:
second.gif

Amazing! A rare event indeed! Congratulations on your success with DJI CS. They usually don't respond correctly.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

I too have read others that said the last couple firmware updates caused problems......then saw a post "if your happy how the bird flies....then don't download it"..it will run like it currently does forever. I might have a good follow up with this....gonna try it and see

As you know, you lose obstacle avoidance in S mode.

Well the latest GO app update has me take a quiz. Thankfully I passed. No more sport mode full screen pop up. Or any pop up when entering S mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen