WHRE'S THE BEEF I MEAN MANUAL???

Reaction score
So after what, 6-8 yrs of Phantom 2V+ I bite the bullet and move up to a Mavic Air 2... It arrives next day from Amazon, BUT INCLUDES NO MANUAL WORTH A DANG! ***?

I search online, go to DJI, and find NOTHING LIKE A USERS MANUAL!?

They seem to have gone to one line videos for individual TINY topics instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I can spend the next 3 years going thru all the tiny youtubes to learn how to fly this thing. NOT my style!

I am a good book learner! DOES ANYONE MAKE A USERS MANUAL FOR THE MAVIC AIR 2?

I am happy to sit for 2 hours going thru the manual. So far, this thing flies itself - guess that is the new MO for DJI owners? Plug n Play and don't know what it all means? Like I took off the other day it was BEEPING AT ME - I am sure that meant something bad, but no clue! the phone program didn't tell me, the 48 language 3 page manual said no details, so I flew. Eventually the beeping stopped - I ASSUME it meant I did not have enough sattelites locked in under my 100 acres of trees, but why should I have to GUESS?

DJI - if you watch this forum, PLEASE make a manual for those of us who want to know nitty bitty details of how and why!

Heck, it didn't even show how to find a way to download the videos!

PLEASE, if anyone has built a manual, will you share?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
So after what, 6-8 yrs of Phantom 2V+ I bite the bullet and move up to a Mavic Air 2... It arrives next day from Amazon, BUT INCLUDES NO MANUAL WORTH A DANG! ***?

They seem to have gone to one line videos for individual TINY topics instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I can spend the next 3 years going thru all the tiny youtubes to learn how to fly this thing. NOT my style!

I am happy to sit for 2 hours going thru the manual. So far, this thing flies itself - guess that is the new MO for DJI owners? Plug n Play and don't know what it all means? Like I took off the other day it was BEEPING AT ME - I am sure that meant something bad, but no clue! the phone program didn't tell me, the 48 language 3 page manual said no details, so I flew. Eventually the beeping stopped - I ASSUME it meant I did not have enough sattelites locked in under my 100 acres of trees, but why should I have to GUESS?

DJI - if you watch this forum, PLEASE make a manual for those of us who want to know nitty bitty details of how and why!

Thank you.

i know its not everyone's style and may be a generational thing but its way more convenient and informative to most to watch tutorials on sites like YouTube. Less spending on the manufacturer's end and less waste on the consumer end. Not for everyone i know. Just the direction the world is heading. The best attitude is adjust or get left behind. The information is at our fingertips now with these powerful devices we all carry in our pockets.

Reactions: 3rdof5

Thank you.
Maybe you need to join our sister site . DJI Mavic Drone Forum

Reactions: Capt KO
Online manuals and user guides have been around for quite a while.
Part of the new Cyber world.
Parts of this new world have passed me up also.
My children have grown up around keyboards and just smile when they see my internet struggles.

It seems to be a sad state of reality that you can spend 1 to two thousand dollars on a UAV, then do not get detailed instructions on how to use it. I do watch the video's online, but only as a supplement to the written manual. It is too easy to miss something important with just a list of videos to depend on for needed critical instructions.

Note to manufacturer: If you don't want to go through the expense of printing a manual, at least give your customer the option to go to your website and download and print their own personal copy of your product manual.

Note to manufacturer: If you don't want to go through the expense of printing a manual, at least give your customer the option to go to your website and download and print their own personal copy of your product manual.
They already do. Just print out the downloadable PDF.

@yorlik i don’t get it. You’ve been around long enough to know that
any of DJI’s drones only comes with the quick start guide and you have to download the manual. And yes I know your style and still
suggest you join MavicPilots and save you from having a meltdown.

As well as providing the latest version of the manual on their website, you also have off-line access to the manual included in the app you use for flying.

As well as providing the latest version of the manual on their website, you also have off-line access to the manual included in the app you use for flying.
Good reminder. I always forget to also mention that one in all of the “where’s the manual” posts.

Reactions: JoBe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.