Who's got their P4 from Apple today?

I picked up two batteries at the Apple Store in Columbia, MD about an hour ago. They had plenty. Spare props too.

Dirtybird I follow this thread and have read your post and seams that you have a lot of experience with phantoms. I read that the battery and remote can be charged at the same time on the p4 but then someone said you can't. What do you think about this? I have them both charging together now for the first charge and got a small fan on charger just for extra.

The P3 recommended NOT charging both at the same time. I did not see an explicit statement in the P4 manual regarding concurrent charging but I only did a quick skim since the "official" version was just released.

Dirtybird I follow this thread and have read your post and seams that you have a lot of experience with phantoms. I read that the battery and remote can be charged at the same time on the p4 but then someone said you can't. What do you think about this? I have them both charging together now for the first charge and got a small fan on charger just for extra.

The P3 recommended NOT charging both at the same time. I did not see an explicit statement in the P4 manual regarding concurrent charging but I only did a quick skim since the "official" version was just released.

Thanks for the reply. I just read the phantom 4 battery safety guidelines and it says nothing on the subject either way.

Please make sure to read the manual! I hope you aren't charging both at the same time!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Actually the claim was made by the verge that it's safe to charge both at the same time on the Phantom 4. I wonder if anyone can confirm this? No doubt the manual won't have been updated.

I just charged both at the same time... no issues! The charger wasn't warm. So....

Several articles had indicated that you could charge both with the P3 charger as long as one or both (RC and Battery) did not require a full charge. A full charge required more time and the charger could become hot. I would assume DJI just rectified this small issue in the P4 charger.

Between P3 & P4 the RC is virtually identical, battery requires 25% more charge, & you still have a very similar 100 watt charger. If it wasn't recommended to charge both on a P3 I would think the same applies to the P4. I'm sure this has to do with how hot the charger gets doing both. Need confirmation from DJI on this.

Actually the claim was made by the verge that it's safe to charge both at the same time on the Phantom 4. I wonder if anyone can confirm this? No doubt the manual won't have been updated.

Ordered from Apple last Thursday,was delivered today. Updated firmware as instructed. Will try it out tomorrow. Upgraded from 1st addition vision 2+. Glad to get rid of wifi

I just flew mine and Wow its awesome! Is the break adjustment is sensitivity for the auto slow down function? If so what way makes it break less? Lower number?

Were you able to buy extra batteries at your
emoji519.png
store?
They had plenty of batteries but no filters unfortunately. Looking forward to a busy day tomorrow learning how to fly.[emoji106]

nice one justgregg

having problems with the usb on it....cant transfer files or perform the firmware upgrade. Apple store had a no questions asked 14 day return policy.

Snagged one from the Apple Store in Boulder, CO today. Seemed to have plenty in stock. Pumped to fly it this weekend after the spring snow storm has passed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31