Who uses GEO with P3P?

How will geo work with litchi ?

they are different apps, if you need to fly in a nfz you will only be able to do so with geo.

basically, dji geo is the same as dji go. but you plan a mission via web and dji unlocks the nz for a 24 hr span.

image.png

image.png

Already applied several months ago, so I should have it by December. Getting one of the $200 online flying courses from Sporty's Pilot Shop, so passing the pilot's license exam should be a piece of cake, considering all the piloting hours I already have on the Phantom!
Not friends, potential customers...

So you filled out all the forms for 333 exemption and submitted them, then you're taking the online pilot's course, and then you have to pass the pilot's exams, and then you wait for the application to get approved?

I've been using the DJI Geo beta firmware for a little while now.

It works as advertised as far as I can tell. You just use your DJI account, and you can authorize flight within the NFZ. (not all of them, but I belive it's the yellow ones)

Depsite all the noise about Geo, it is in fact far less restrictive in practice, assuming you are willing to give a CC and claim "yes, I'm authorized to fly here".

It's the future of things for DJI, so like it or not, might as well get behind it, or change to a different UAS vendor.
Shammyh --- what version of DJI GO APP do you have? I'm having to 'go back' from updates . . . so I'm looking for the beta app OR one that will work ! (2.2.4 from my notes, but I dont have a copy)

I freakin hate all this NFZ stuff. It would be ok if it was ONLY required for RED NFZ. But the fact the yellow areas also need to be unlocked it total non sense. I've seen some places out there, where entire cities are a yellow zone.
if you toggle the geo off then is is no yellow zones, only the red. At least on mine...With it off its pretty much the same as it was before the update

I turned it off on mine, because all of a sudden it says the area I've flown for over a year is near an airport. Even with it off, a box keeps popping up during flight, saying I'm in a restricted area and the drone will now stop and hover. Of course it doesn't, and I continue on with my flight. But I have to keep hitting OK on that silly popup.

Hmm I haven't seen that. And I'm in the yellow in my driveway. Seems the same as 2.8.3 with it off so far for me...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Geo And Data. Just wondering. How much data is beind collected on our flights? I mean, Can DJI watch us fly live on a US flight-tracker map?
Yes I know they can, but are they?
I fly in NYC, and Sometimes, I swear , those helicopters come over to me like they KNOW I'm flying something.

I took great Manhattan Sunset shots from Greenpoint last night. They were out, those copters, just lookin for me.

Is there a instruction video somewhere on how to use this new system? I was lock out and had permission to fly, but with internet available and being online I got an error message each time I tried to follow the GEO steps. I was within 1.5 miles of a small airport, and had permission from the airport manager.

Yes on the dji website, it also tells you what to do about your airport.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj