WHO IS IFLIGHT?

Reaction score
While doing my taxes I found a charge from IFLIGHT TECHNOLOGY on my credit card for $449, from last June. I couldn't remember what it would be, and the charge was while I was on vacation in Hawaii. So I called the credit card company and they give me a phone number to call and an email address, [email protected]. So I write them an email asking for a receipt to my charge last June. They said they have no record and to check with DJI. Really? DJI? They said they get this complaint all the time, and it's DJI. Sure enough it was a DJI order for my DJI goggles. So when DJI charges people for goggles, for some reason they have the name Iflight Technology, instead of "DJI" as I have seen before. So there ya go, IFLIGHT TECHOLOGY is really DJI. But why?

upload_2018-3-7_14-21-24.png

It might actually be a separate company for legal reasons. Some companies that sell direct do that to separate the manufacturing end from the direct channel end.

So I called the credit card company and they give me a phone number to call and an email address, [email protected]
It looks like they googled "IFLIGHT TECHNOLOGY" and gave you the first search result.

FWIW, I've been seeing "IFLIGHT TECHNOLOGY" on my credit card statements since 2016.

Actually you might want to thank them for going that route!!! If your credit card company recognized DJI as a foreign company, you might get charged a 'foreign exchange surcharge' on your bill even if the transaction was in local currency!

If your credit card company recognized DJI as a foreign company, you might get charged a 'foreign exchange surcharge' on your bill even if the transaction was in local currency!
The credit card companies I use always notify me that "IFLIGHT TECHNOLOGY" is an international charge. Luckily, none of them charge me a fee for making international charges.

My credit card company will not auto approve charges to DJI for some reason. When I order directly from DJI (until recently when they ran it as IFLIGHT Tech) my card would deny and the bank would call to alert me of suspicious activity "Internationally". I would them let them know it was legit and intentional and they would approve it.

When I ordered my Mavic Platinum directly from DJI recently it went through as IFLIGHT Tech and for whatever reason this didn't cause the red flag with my bank.

While doing my taxes I found a charge from IFLIGHT TECHNOLOGY on my credit card for $449, from last June. I couldn't remember what it would be, and the charge was while I was on vacation in Hawaii. So I called the credit card company and they give me a phone number to call and an email address, [email protected]. So I write them an email asking for a receipt to my charge last June. They said they have no record and to check with DJI. Really? DJI? They said they get this complaint all the time, and it's DJI. Sure enough it was a DJI order for my DJI goggles. So when DJI charges people for goggles, for some reason they have the name Iflight Technology, instead of "DJI" as I have seen before. So there ya go, IFLIGHT TECHOLOGY is really DJI. But why?

View attachment 95984
Is it too late to dispute the charge and try and get your money back? ;)

Is it too late to dispute the charge and try and get your money back? ;)
I think you're joking, right?

I sold my goggles about a month after I got them. I didn't like them enough to justify keeping them. They actually performed worse than my Headplay goggles via HDMI with my P4. They worked better with my Mavic, but I haven't been enthused with my Mavic (due to the camera optics) enough to keep the goggles just for my Mavic.

I found it interesting the goggles were made to work wireless with the Mavic's Ocu-Sync communications. However, the goggles are bigger and heavier than the drone, not exactly portable. They certainly don't mimic the #1 goal of the Mavic, portability. I expect in a couple years we'll laugh at these DJI goggles, being so big and clumsy, IMHO.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
I think you're joking, right?

I sold my goggles about a month after I got them. I didn't like them enough to justify keeping them. They actually performed worse than my Headplay goggles via HDMI with my P4. They worked better with my Mavic, but I haven't been enthused with my Mavic (due to the camera optics) enough to keep the goggles just for my Mavic.

I found it interesting the goggles were made to work wireless with the Mavic's Ocu-Sync communications. However, the goggles are bigger and heavier than the drone, not exactly portable. They certainly don't mimic the #1 goal of the Mavic, portability. I expect in a couple years we'll laugh at these DJI goggles, being to big and clumsy, IMHO.
Indeed! However, the mismatched charge name could certainly justify a CC dispute, and if DJI never responded (wouldn't surprise me)...;)

Indeed! However, the mismatched charge name could certainly justify a CC dispute, and if DJI never responded (wouldn't surprise me)...;)
That's being unethical isn't it? He got what he paid for (and later sold) so why would you file a dispute?

That's being unethical isn't it? He got what he paid for (and later sold) so why would you file a dispute?
Just thinking out loud in general, where the charge clearly doesn't match the vendor's business name, with a bit of sarcasm. Not advocating unethical disputes. Sorry for the confusion. :cool:

Reactions: BigAl07
Just thinking out loud in general, where the charge clearly doesn't match the vendor's business name, with a bit of sarcasm. Not advocating unethical disputes. Sorry for the confusion. :cool:

:)

... So when DJI charges people for goggles, for some reason they have the name Iflight Technology, instead of "DJI" as I have seen before. So there ya go, IFLIGHT TECHOLOGY is really DJI. But why?

IFLIGHT TECHNOLOGY CO LTD is indeed a DJI owned marketing company and is based in Hong Kong, primarily because the banking and trading laws there are not directly controlled by China due to their semi-independant status. It's a bit like a trading insurance policy. ;)

Here is an authorisation letter from them acting on behalf of DJI to appoint a dealer in Poland. They probably act for DJI in many other countries which have direct banking relationships with, or even a trading branch in Hong Kong.

The CO LTD suffix (Company Limited) is a remnant of when Hong Kong was a British territory decades ago.

IMG_0596.PNG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72