White Eagle

As everyone has said, excellent video and music. The thing i like most about your video was the flow from the top of the canyon to the bottom at the river, I think it sort of tells a story. So many others stay at the top or at the bottom. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: OOO
Absolutely Beautiful Footage. The Music is so appropriate for this Flight. Some really scary shots of deep canyons. Well Done!

I would like to see a 360 degree view from maximum allowed allowed altitude somewhere toward the beginning so that I can keep that in mind as I watch the rest of the video. I think that will bring more context to the video as a whole and more of a wow factor too. Great job!

One piece of advice: "Less is more"! I think the grandiosity of the music is a bit over the top. As a professional film editor one of the things we strive to do is let the video tell the story and not let the music be too front and center. Ever watch a movie where the music starts subtly in the background and eventually begins to affect your mood? You think its the acting that is making you sad but that mood is enhanced (but not overshadowed) by the music because its more subliminal. So 'food for thought' when choosing and weaving (editing) in the music. I'm not criticizing the video; It's great! But that's been noted here. I just wanted to point out what I noticed and that was that my mind noticed the music more that the visuals.

Excellent! I wouldn't change a thing.

As everyone has said, excellent video and music. The thing i like most about your video was the flow from the top of the canyon to the bottom at the river, I think it sort of tells a story. So many others stay at the top or at the bottom. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. I spent 2 full days is this canyon and launched my drone from multiple different spots including both top and bottom of the canyon (one day for each spot). I also launched the drone from side wall of the canyon (1:57). That was the most difficult one :)

What a great video! Music selection was perfect too.

Thanks for the feedback!

Great video, thanks for sharing.

Thank you!

Absolutely Beautiful Footage. The Music is so appropriate for this Flight. Some really scary shots of deep canyons. Well Done!

Thanks! ATTI mode was the only option to fly in those scary flights.

I would like to see a 360 degree view from maximum allowed allowed altitude somewhere toward the beginning so that I can keep that in mind as I watch the rest of the video. I think that will bring more context to the video as a whole and more of a wow factor too. Great job!

I agree, it would be nice to see whole picture at once. Thanks for the feedback.

One piece of advice: "Less is more"! I think the grandiosity of the music is a bit over the top. As a professional film editor one of the things we strive to do is let the video tell the story and not let the music be too front and center. Ever watch a movie where the music starts subtly in the background and eventually begins to affect your mood? You think its the acting that is making you sad but that mood is enhanced (but not overshadowed) by the music because its more subliminal. So 'food for thought' when choosing and weaving (editing) in the music. I'm not criticizing the video; It's great! But that's been noted here. I just wanted to point out what I noticed and that was that my mind noticed the music more that the visuals.

This is a very solid advice and it really makes sense. Thank you very much. I'll definitely consider this in my next video. As I mentioned in my previous posts, music part has always been the most difficult part of the editing for me. I don't have any rule or guide to follow while editing music. But now I have one. Again many thanks!

Really beautiful, great job!

Thanks!

Excellent! I wouldn't change a thing.

Thank you for the feedback!

Spectacular! Evidently a lot of work for 3:30 in finished product, but you only get out what you put in. I only can recommend these 2 things: 1. google 'epic music', there are thousands of powerful pieces there. 2. if you could include some turning reveal/approach shots to add more drama to the scary approach shots. I say scary as a compliment on you flying. I won't try that!

Spectacular! Evidently a lot of work for 3:30 in finished product, but you only get out what you put in. I only can recommend these 2 things: 1. google 'epic music', there are thousands of powerful pieces there. 2. if you could include some turning reveal/approach shots to add more drama to the scary approach shots. I say scary as a compliment on you flying. I won't try that!

Thank you very much for the feedback and suggestions!

This is a great video. I can’t wait to see your next project, with all the good advice you have received.

I learned a lot from your critics and comments. So please criticize and comment as hard as you can! Thanks.

The music, the music timing, the shots.... WOW!!!! I had goose bumps watching your video!
GREAT stuff!!
Thanks for posting!

Thank you Brother Dave and Pomonabill220. All suggestions and critics were noted. I’ll do my best to consider these advices in my next project. I’m an outdoor enthusiast and trying to take advantage of this when filming.

At this point it would be redundant to repeat all the superlatives stated above. The very minor one of seeing your shadow was the only cinematic flaw I saw. You have a gift. I am so glad you are doing it. You and your video inspire me.

I learned a lot from your critics and comments. So please criticize and comment as hard as you can! Thanks.

Very nice cinematic moves!

Thanks! This is a very narrow and rugged canyon and the bottom of the canyon never receive direct sunlight! It is always dark. I’ve spent 2 full days in this canyon with more than 10 flights and each one in different spot. The most difficult flight was the one in which the drone was launched over the ridge and between the trees. It took me 6 hours to reach that spot and at least one more hour to take those 2-3 shots. I flew in ATTI mode in some of the flights with OA and VPS turned off. Jello effect was noted. Please feel free to criticize if you see something wrong with the footage!
Ver

You are certainly a master copter pilot! However, I found your transitions in the video a little disconnected. Your title suggests the view of raptor patrolling the canyon and soaring the area, but your jump edits break apart the controlled flight and constant scan the raptor would have had. I'm not suggesting you just run a continuous video of your flight, but maybe a more sequential view of your segments as the natural bird would have flown, looking at its terrain below. To me, this is what the title suggests. JMHO, and it is still a beautiful video. just offering suggestions to make your video a story rather than just an edited series of beautifully captured segments.

Caissonrider, 3putts, Cneedelman and P3$E pilot thank you so much for the feedback!

P3$E pilot:
Really good point! Actually I’ve scanned almost all sections of the canyon except a few unreachable sections (without climbing gear and rappelling). Thus it is an easy job for me to change the sequence of the clips. But, to be honest, I never look at it from this perspective. That’s the main reason I’m asking for advices. Thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj