White Eagle

I’m going to watch it a few more times. I’ll try to fine something. Lol Actually I want to steal some of your ideas for filming a similar place. You took some chances for loosing your drone, didn’t you? You were scaring me. You did what I wish I could do. Not sure as I was watching on my IPad, was there a little jello affect in the beginning? How many flights did you take to do the filming?

Reactions: OOO
Thanks! This is a very narrow and rugged canyon and the bottom of the canyon never receive direct sunlight! It is always dark. I’ve spent 2 full days in this canyon with more than 10 flights and each one in different spot. The most difficult flight was the one in which the drone was launched over the ridge and between the trees. It took me 6 hours to reach that spot and at least one more hour to take those 2-3 shots. I flew in ATTI mode in some of the flights with OA and VPS turned off. Jello effect was noted. Please feel free to criticize if you see something wrong with the footage!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the kind words. I’m just a hobbyist. But I love my hobbies as much as I love my work.

Reactions: Trt1617
Where is this? Incredible footage by the way. The only thing I can say is near the beginning I saw the drones shadow. Nice vid!

Great footage, great flying and great editing. I like how it's timed with the music! I see you filmed D-Cinelike, what program did you do your color adjustments? Great job...

Very beautiful! The music was the icing on the cake. The only thing i saw was the shadow of your bird one time, easily taken out.

I’m just now looking at drones, flew RC planes for several years. Getting older and all the bending over to fuel planes, adjusting engines etc is too much for this old man! Looking forward to drone flying!

Where is this? Incredible footage by the way. The only thing I can say is near the beginning I saw the drones shadow. Nice vid!

Thank you! Yes it is the shadow of my White Eagle :) This place is located in the Black Sea region of northern Turkey. Drone shadow issue was noted.

Great footage, great flying and great editing. I like how it's timed with the music! I see you filmed D-Cinelike, what program did you do your color adjustments? Great job...

Thank you very much! I use FCPX for editing and color correction. For me, the most difficult part of the creating a video is to find an appropriate music and match the music to the flow of the footage. I’m glad you liked it.

Very beautiful! The music was the icing on the cake. The only thing i saw was the shadow of your bird one time, easily taken out.

I’m just now looking at drones, flew RC planes for several years. Getting older and all the bending over to fuel planes, adjusting engines etc is too much for this old man! Looking forward to drone flying!

Thanks! It is the shadow of my White Eagle :) I really don’t know how to remove drone shadow from the footage! But the drone shadow issue was noted! I’ll work on this issue and try to find a working solution. I think you’ll love your first drone! Get one as soon as possible :)

Last edited:
Reactions: blackie1491
Can you just clip that segment out of the timeline? I haven’t done a lot of video scripting in awhile, but back when I did, if there was something in a clip, i just deleted the small portion of the clip, then when it played, the deleted segment wasn’t there anymore.

Reactions: blackie1491 and OOO
Can you just clip that segment out of the timeline? I haven’t done a lot of video scripting in awhile, but back when I did, if there was something in a clip, i just deleted the small portion of the clip, then when it played, the deleted segment wasn’t there anymore.

Thanks Imccluer! Removing clips from the timeline is easy and quick solution. But sometimes you may have shadows in most of your clips or you may have a unique clip that you don’t want to remove it. For such cases I need to find another way to do that.

Reactions: lmccluer
Thanks Imccluer! Removing clips from the timeline is easy and quick solution. But sometimes you may have shadows in most of your clips or you may have a unique clip that you don’t want to remove it. For such cases I need to find another way to do that.

Not only that, but you put some work into timing the music to the clips. If you were to pull a clip out it means a lot more work with the music again. Personally the shadow doesn't bother me...

Not only that, but you put some work into timing the music to the clips. If you were to pull a clip out it means a lot more work with the music again. Personally the shadow doesn't bother me...

Thanks for the feedback. Very true! Music part is the most difficult one for me. A few commenter have suggested me to remove some of the clips (full mountain range shots, the colors are washed out and there is mist/pollution that magnifies that effect). Thus currently I’m working on the second version.

Wow, great stuff. Really impressed. The Music is top notch and the choreography is great. As a vote I find the shadow distracting. Also to my ear the intro video transitions slightly after the beat. Once the Music kicks in you are on the mark, just the first few seem off time to me.

Also I would opt for a faster music fade at the end. The Music is in crescendo as you are fading it. A hard stop would sound better to me.

WV.Rootman:
I agree! I liked those shots! They say some shots are very clear and the others are misty and suggested me to use polarizer filter or remove that part. I have enough shots for those clear sections and I used only those parts in the revised version. I’ll share it here when uploading completed. Please let me know your thoughts about that one also. Thank you so much for the feedbacks!

Nightwolf:
Thank you for the comment and feedback. You have very good ears and you’re right about timing of the music. I’m at the beginning of my learning curve and everyone's help and suggestions are invaluable to me. I will definitely keep them in mind when editing my next video.

Reactions: Nightwolf

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20