white and red pixels in video image

HBa

Reaction score
My phantom 3 advanced has been having some issues since a little while. The image from the camera seems to not be processed correctly.

The image shows red and white stretches of one or more pixels, vertically oriented. This shows up on both my phone during flying, as well as on the images and video recorded to the SDcard. The amount of pixels seems to vary depending on the type of color that the camera sees, or it is just more visible in the darker areas.

Some videos show way more than others.

Heavy problems (timecode at panning where it appears more)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Almost no problems, only black pixels in the canal (same flying session)

Any advice or ideas are appreciated!

Hardware issue with line between the sensor and Ambarella chip. There is a big chance that replacing (or maybe even just cleaning?) gimbal flat film cable will fix that. If not, you will need a new sensor board.

So thet is relatively easy repair. Sensor boards are valued far less than Gimbal Top Boards nowadays, and your top board is most likely fine.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Hardware issue with line between the sensor and Ambarella chip. There is a big chance that replacing (or maybe even just cleaning?) gimbal flat film cable will fix that. If not, you will need a new sensor board.

So thet is relatively easy repair. Sensor boards are valued far less than Gimbal Top Boards nowadays, and your top board is most likely fine.

I'm having the same red/white dot issue. Anyone know if this works?

I haven’t tried to solve it yet. I might try do solve it this weekend.
I will let you know the outcome.
@quaddamage; thanks for the reply!

I have opened the gimbal and checked the flat cable connections of the video, but that didn’t solve anything. Next step is to buy a new flat cable and replace it. Place an update after installing it.

I have opened the gimbal and checked the flat cable connections of the video, but that didn’t solve anything. Next step is to buy a new flat cable and replace it. Place an update after installing it.
If you end up needing the camera sensor board, I have have several and willing to send you one. No cost for the part, just the cost to mail it.

Reactions: BigL and quaddamage
Hello,
I have the same issue as @HBa.
Same thing happening with red, white and black vertical "pixels" appearing on my phone and on the recorded file on the SD card. Many appear at times and few on other occasions (depending on the exposure I think) wether on film or photo mode.

I've had my P4 for years now and it never crashed or had a bug before.
I flew it on different occasions this summer without any issue.
I had to update it last week and flew it yesterday when the issue appeared, have to say it is really annoying.

Could this be related to the software update ?

It seems that this issue appeared last september on various forums, I didn't do extensive research on it but it would be great to find a solution.
DJI_0047.JPG
DJI_0050.JPG

Hello,
I have the same issue as @HBa.
Same thing happening with red, white and black vertical "pixels" appearing on my phone and on the recorded file on the SD card. Many appear at times and few on other occasions (depending on the exposure I think) wether on film or photo mode.

I've had my P4 for years now and it never crashed or had a bug before.
I flew it on different occasions this summer without any issue.
I had to update it last week and flew it yesterday when the issue appeared, have to say it is really annoying.

Could this be related to the software update ?

It seems that this issue appeared last september on various forums, I didn't do extensive research on it but it would be great to find a solution.
View attachment 120807View attachment 120808
you need to replace the flex cable

Reactions: gingerbloke
Hello guys, happy new year !

I finally received my new flex cable.
I will try to replace it thanks to this video :

@HBa any news since your issue ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan