which PHANTOM TO BUY?

Reaction score
I've wrecked and sunk 3 Phantom4Pro aircraft...UGH! I'm ready for a used one but I don't know the differences / options of the newer ones. So P4, P4Plus, P4 Advanced + and maybe more. Quality of imaging is most important. I realize that I could Google the inf. But you guys are better then that! anyone want to go the rabbit hole? Thank you, much! Keith

Reactions: Aussie Paul
you've wrecked and sunk three of them?
Maybe it's time to take a break from flying for a while.

But I am old now. Not doing as well as most, and a photographer all my life. The videos I've been able to produce for many, many folks through the years, is worth the cost to me to be able do things for others. Some people are like that. Yes...three were destroyed, battery fell out, pushed the wrong button in strong sunlight, and hit a crane. I won't do THAT again...lol So, I just now sold some artwork I do, $800 in my pocket...and the wife isn't the wiser! Factory refurbished for me. And all the spare parts left over.
Thank you, but I am not a quitter.
vs180423-006.jpg

But I am old now. Not doing as well as most, and a photographer all my life.
Don't give us the "old" crap. That is a cop-out. I am 59 and my dad is 83. He can still do as well as I can with RC's regardless of quad of fixed wing. So if you don't give up...kudo's to you.

Build racing drones, they are way cheaper. I would recommend a switch up. If you want a good deal though, I have had luck with phantom 4’s on eBay auctions. The best I have done so far is half price on a phantom 4 pro. You just have to be patient.

Reactions: K Henry
Don't give us the "old" crap. That is a cop-out. I am 59 and my dad is 83. He can still do as well as I can with RC's regardless of quad of fixed wing. So if you don't give up...kudo's to you.
Old...meaning worm out, my friend. Cancer has depleted me, at 67 I am past my personal life expectancy after the radiation treatments. I'm sure you were trying to encourage me.. All I asked for is some help from a great bunch of comrades here on this forum.

Old...meaning worm out, my friend. Cancer has depleted me, at 67 I am past my personal life expectancy after the radiation treatments. I'm sure you were trying to encourage me.. All I asked for is some help from a great bunch of comrades here on this forum.
Build racing drones, they are way cheaper. I would recommend a switch up. If you want a good deal though, I have had luck with phantom 4’s on eBay auctions. The best I have done so far is half price on a phantom 4 pro. You just have to be patient.

But it is about the photography, what you suggest would take a brain a little sharper then mine. lol

If I understand your question, you want some suggestions what to do with $800? For $600 you can grab a refurbished P3Pro with change to buy some extra batteries

Old...meaning worm out, my friend.
I follow you. And that exactly was my point. Encouragement. You are never too old to enjoy new toys, or even ones you have had for a while. I really didn't need to hear the full situation with you, but since you offered that. My best to you.

Welcome my friend and you are the kind of guy I want on my team! Anyone who has the courage to battle cancer is a real Bad***!
You just keep that positive attitude and you my friend will be here a long time to help others find the strength to be a fighter like you! I look forward to corresponding with you and to hear all the good news you have to tell me.
I’m new on this forum so I’m trying to figure out how to writeca message and you’re my Guinea pig for my first message.
Hope you have a great weekend and talk to you soon as I find your reply.
Jim

But it is about the photography, what you suggest would take a brain a little sharper then mine. lol
Welcome my friend and you are the kind of guy I want on my team! Anyone who has the courage to battle cancer is a real Bad***!
You just keep that positive attitude and you my friend will be here a long time to help others find the strength to be a fighter like you! I look forward to corresponding with you and to hear all the good news you have to tell me.
I’m new on this forum so I’m trying to figure out how to writeca message and you’re my Guinea pig for my first message.
Jim
Jim

Hello my friend, we were always on the same team! You're making me laugh (subsequently pee my pants...LOL). I'm a fine one to pick as a Guinee pig, ho ho ho. Being an extremely passionate, and considered 'crazy' by all but the closest of family, I am not a prime example of the finer folks on this great forum. I am not able to hold my tongue on certain issues (wildly outspoken infact ). As you can see I am already on a tangent...And I dare not continue, my friend.
Thank you very much for the reply, an honor to meet someone who is genuinely 'nice'. Keith

PS, Cancer is what we get in this world of GEOENGINEERING. Alzheimer's is next because of the ALUMINUM sprayed on us from above! Can't help myself...sorry.

If I understand your question, you want some suggestions what to do with $800? For $600 you can grab a refurbished P3Pro with change to buy some extra batteries
It's 100% about the video/image quality. Isn't the P4P the one with the best? And how will I be able to compare the two? And what of all the accessories. The money saved may be wasted by the money lost. Thank you for allowing me to go out of the box for a while, Keith

It's 100% about the video/image quality. Isn't the P4P the one with the best? And how will I be able to compare the two? And what of all the accessories. The money saved may be wasted by the money lost. Thank you for allowing me to go out of the box for a while, Keith
If you still have a plethora of accessories, go with another P4. Another case for not going the Mavick route.

Keith: For quality of image, the P4P is extremely good for the cost. You won’t do better without spending a lot more money. We use the P4P+ and really appreciate the bright integrated screen.

We waited for years, until the camera quality was good enough (and the drone reliability was likewise good enough), getting our P4P+ a year ago. We have no regrets.

I’m unfamiliar with the Advanced, but doubt there are any significant improvements (if any) regarding image quality. Meanwhile, the P4P and P4P+ are slightly older models, so not commanding top dollar.

Hi, the P4P+ is still king in my book! The Obsidian, Advanced, and maybe more were not improvements at all. I believe they lack features, that's why the P4P+ still commands the best price. Just bought another one last night...

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
I'm 67 and have lots of fun with the drones. I have crashed my P3 twice. repaired and sold it then got a p4 which I crashed and totaled once. Got a new one and in a short time sold it to buy a P4A which I did not crash. I just sold the Phantom and now have a Mavic Pro and Mavic Air. No more crashes and while I kinda miss the P4A the new foldable drones are the real deal as almost all of my footage is done while riding motorcycles and out in the boonies. For general hobby work the Mavics are top of the list. The P4A was great as far as quality of footage but clumsy for transport. One other thing is editing software. I use Movavi and love it, it's easy and does a respectable job with a easy learning curve.

I, too am 67, or 68. We are DYNAMIC people! That's some very solid, honest review! On target! My thing has always been quality, P4P+ is for me, until Mavic gets better video...soon. I hope this one, just bought the other day, will be my last. Probably not, lol. Thank you for your 'Best' reply!

I, too am 67, or 68. We are DYNAMIC people! That's some very solid, honest review! On target! My thing has always been quality, P4P+ is for me, until Mavic gets better video...soon. I hope this one, just bought the other day, will be my last. Probably not, lol. Thank you for your 'Best' reply!
If you don't travel by plane or bike, the Phantom4P is what I would recommend a friend. P4P+ screen is too small for my old eyes. I prefer using the 9.7" Ipad Air2, which is pretty awesome. The new iPad will work too, but the 10' is hard to get into the clip.

Comparisons: (note, all support 4K video)
P3P Good range, realiable, good optics
P4 Less range than P3P, same camera (practically), slight better optics than P3P.
P4P Great craft, great camera, great range (because of 5.8Ghz), good optics, my preference
P4A Great camera, same range as P4 (no 5.8Ghz), OK if you only fly within VLOS and want the best camera, same cameras a P4P.
P4P+ Same craft as P4P but with 5.5" screen, very bright 1000nit screen. Good if your eyes are perfect and don't ever expect to run third party apps. (I think it will run Litchie now, but no playstore support)
Mavic P, nice for traveling, OK camera, poor A9 processor, great range, poor optics (sun flares, spots, etc). I wouldn't go this way.
Mavic2Zoom, nice for traveling, nice camera, great range, very versatile with the 2X optical zoom
Mavic2P, nice for traveling, great camera (but as good a P4P IMO), good optics

I've wrecked and sunk 3 Phantom4Pro aircraft...UGH! I'm ready for a used one but I don't know the differences / options of the newer ones. So P4, P4Plus, P4 Advanced + and maybe more. Quality of imaging is most important. I realize that I could Google the inf. But you guys are better then that! anyone want to go the rabbit hole? Thank you, much! Keith
Sent you a pm!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31