Which firmware patch for my Phantom 3 Adv for ESC Error?

Reaction score
My Phantom 3 Adv has been sitting in my gear closet for a few years since it's last flight. I started getting the dreaded ESC Error after the last official upgrade and about that time got a Mavic Air so I just flew that mostly. A week or so ago I decided to contact DJI for the firmware they put out on a need to use basis, supposedly only developed after some drones started having the ESC Error message. A tech support person at DJI replied to my online request and after going back and forth (I think she is in China because I only hear back from her the next day after I send her a message) she sent me a link to a private portal at DJI where I downloaded a file that is 7z type zip file. I extracted the file inside and it had a folder with 2 different .bin files which are what we usually have to have for firmware updates. One is named P3S_FW_V01.11.0030.bin and other is named P3X_FW_V01.11.0030.bin.

As mentioned I have the Phantom 3 Adv so I am not sure which one to try. I have no idea if anyone knows or if many even follow this forum as it is for older models but appreciate any help. I sent a question on this to Sophie at DJI but have not heard back.

One is named P3S_FW_V01.11.0030.bin and other is named P3X_FW_V01.11.0030.bin.

As mentioned I have the Phantom 3 Adv so I am not sure which one to try.
Phantom 3 Pro = P3X
Phantom 3 Adv = P3S

Using a "P3S" file name for the P3A firmware started before the Phantom 3 Standard (P3C) was released.

It's good to hear that DJI sent you a link to 1.11.30. It's not unusual for the support folks to not know that 1.11.30 even exists.

Thanks! Wasn't sure anyone would reply as this being such an old drone in "drone years"! I hope it works.

Reactions: Oso
My Phantom 3 Adv has been sitting in my gear closet for a few years since it's last flight. I started getting the dreaded ESC Error after the last official upgrade and about that time got a Mavic Air so I just flew that mostly. A week or so ago I decided to contact DJI for the firmware they put out on a need to use basis, supposedly only developed after some drones started having the ESC Error message. A tech support person at DJI replied to my online request and after going back and forth (I think she is in China because I only hear back from her the next day after I send her a message) she sent me a link to a private portal at DJI where I downloaded a file that is 7z type zip file. I extracted the file inside and it had a folder with 2 different .bin files which are what we usually have to have for firmware updates. One is named P3S_FW_V01.11.0030.bin and other is named P3X_FW_V01.11.0030.bin.

As mentioned I have the Phantom 3 Adv so I am not sure which one to try. I have no idea if anyone knows or if many even follow this forum as it is for older models but appreciate any help. I sent a question on this to Sophie at DJI but have not heard back.

Phantom 3 Pro = P3X
Phantom 3 Adv = P3S

Using a "P3S" file name for the P3A firmware started before the Phantom 3 Standard (P3C) was released.
Phantom 3 Pro = P3X
Phantom 3 Adv = P3S

It's good to hear that DJI sent you a link to 1.11.30. It's not unusual for the support folks to not know that 1.11.30 even exists.

It's good to hear that DJI sent you a link to 1.11.30. It's not unusual for the support folks to not know
Can someone send me the 1.11.30 link I have the P3A with the esc error. Thanks

Reactions: brigerdrones
You're right, I did researched it. Exact same bin name and number with different size in it.

Attachments

• Phantom 3's.jpg
    Phantom 3's.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 90

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic