Which drone is the best?

Here is a confirmed Mavic flyaway last week that DJI took responsibility for:
The initial thread of the upset Mavic owner's flyaway: PLEASE HELP ME!! :( :(
The second thread of a happy customer after being told he's getting a free replacement: DJI CUSTOMER SERVICE!
Yes ... hardware errors can and do happen (rarely)
I know as I've had one myself and because of the recorded flight data, DJI replaced mine as well even though I could not show them the Phantom.
My point is that real flyaways are exceptionally rare

Lol.. I was just ribbing you a little.. No foul intended.
Yes ... hardware errors can and do happen (rarely)
I know as I've had one myself and because of the recorded flight data, DJI replaced mine as well even though I could not show them the Phantom.
My point is that real flyaways are exceptionally rare
Happy New Year guys!
s2qXK8wAvkHTO.gif

Thank you all for your reply. My other problem is that I live in the Czech Republic. We have a much more limited rules about flying drone than you have in America. That's why I hesitate whether it is better to buy the more expensive or cheaper one. Also, if I want to buy the Mavic it is not yet available in my country, so I would have to chose shipping from USA and that is even more expensive. But thanks everybody for all suggestions.

How many drones are you aware of that are flying away?
It's easy to get the impression that it's a common thing, google and you'll find it mentioned all over the place.
But at least for modern DJI drones it's so rare to be almost a myth.
Since the first Phantom 3 almost two years ago, DJI drones have a flight data recorder built into the app.
Analysis of flight data shows exactly what the cause of "flyaway" reports is and it's almost always user error.
In the good old days before the P3, if you lost your Phantom 1 or 2 you could tell everyone that it just flew away and save face.
Not so nowdays. Here's an example of how the flight data shows what really happened: I finally lost my Phantom - not a "flyaway"
The flight data has also helped find lost Phantoms all over the world.

Here's a little more reading on the myth of "flyaways".: Fear of Flying 2016 - The Last Word on Drone Flyaways! - Drone Flyers
All I can say is that I'm reading about quite a few on this forum. If you just bought or received one for a gift or worse yet are young and worked hard to save up for your dream drone and you lose it , you've lost 100% of your drones. For those it becomes a nightmare. I will read what you have posted now.

I cancelled my Mavic order a couple of weeks ago, it was just taking way too long, and instead picked up a second hand P3 Pro at a really good price.

Very happy it turned out this way as I have found the P3 for me is nearly as portable as a Mavic, it fits my camera backpack that I would carry anyway with my other video gear. I like the clearance it has, and I think I wouldn't be landing the Mavic on the terrain I am using for the P3.

The plan was to upgrade when the Mavic becomes more widely available, but given the above experience with the P3, I reckon I might opt for the bigger sensor on the P4 Pro instead.

The P3 is giving me the chance to learn to fly and make some mistakes that while they could be costly, would be no where near as costly if I was making them on a Mavic.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Skoky
Second, the Mavic is faster than the Phantom 3 Pro, 40mph vs 35mph respectively.

Ok, but realistically these are a photography platform. That 5mph certainly does not get you better videography, and it's not a race drone so I for one don't really consider that to be much of an evaluation point. Just saying.

I'll add a counterpoint in that the Phantom's have a long enough history in the software/firmware arena that they're substantially more mature than the Mavic, and you'll be hard pressed to find many folks here that won't admit that in the DJI world we tend to be beta testers on their newer products. Like *cough* the fact that side avoidance really doesn't work yet in the P4P

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj