Which drone for real estate?

Thanks for the info. I was under the impression 4K scaled down to 1080 looks better than video shot in 1080, but as you say, how many imperfections do I want to bring out...

Do the multitude of 1080 quads have cameras as good as the 4K machines? Meaning, will their still photos be of the same quality?

What makes the Inspire desirable?

I would go with the P4 if you plan to do video indoors for your home sales work. The sensors onboard make this work easier and you can pre select your route points and concentrate on the photo still and video aspects.

People do this?? I think my clients would flip out.

I was going to use a DSLR on a gimbal for interiors.

I shoot in 4K and render it down to 1080. It does make a big difference This one I brought down to 720 because most people are watching it on a cell phone or a laptop

You can charge for video editing time, just don't charge for flying time is how I'm doing it for the time being.

Sent from my LG-H810 using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you took-off with the intent to use the footage and or images for compensation then you are flying commercially.
You're not fooling anyone by claiming you're just charging for post-production.

all kidding aside. I have been filming a year and properties posted on MLS and I have had no calls from the FAA. Like my wife said,,,aint no one coming after you. They have better things to do than look for someone flying 50 feet over a house that you have listed. I do have my 333 and the drone has a FAA number but thats it. Im still debated about doing the whole FAA 107 cert thing,,,I dont know. My cilents have not asked for anything ever

Reactions: JTE
all kidding aside. I have been filming a year and properties posted on MLS and I have had no calls from the FAA. Like my wife said,,,aint no one coming after you. They have better things to do than look for someone flying 50 feet over a house that you have listed. I do have my 333 and the drone has a FAA number but thats it. Im still debated about doing the whole FAA 107 cert thing,,,I dont know. My cilents have not asked for anything ever

All well and good (for you), but you can bet when this goes mainstream, there will be photographers that will use their certification as a selling point, and there will be gypsies, just like cab drivers in the big cities. My wife is a Realtor, and integrity and legality are first and foremost in the business.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: flpholt
Yes I know. That's why I'm getting mine . I just could not see spending 1000's of dollars to learn how to fly a small plane when I never would fly and was only flying a Drone 50 feet over a house. But now things have changed and I won't have to get a pilots license. Your right on the marketing aspect of the whole thing. It is like a certified can company or a independent guy. Which would I use. The certified one.

Autel X-Star Premium takes the best pics and video would get that one plus right now get a free battery also

See what you did, I am adding an Autel X-Star Premium to my fleet. Yesterday was the last day to get the free battery, the X-Star Premium is on order. I have seen the pictures and videos it produces, it is impressive. I compared with the pics my P3P produces and the X-Star Premium came ahead.

Customer satisfaction is another factor, their customer service is exceeding customer expectation in all aspects.

My Phantom 3 Adv is being passed on to a family member who had offered me money for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: flpholt
See what you did, I am adding an Autel X-Star Premium to my fleet. Yesterday was the last day to get the free battery, the X-Star Premium is on order. I have see the video a pictures it produces, it is impressive. I compared with the pics my P3P produces and the X-Star Premium came ahead.

Customer satisfaction is another factor, their customer service is exceeding customer expectation in all aspects.

My Phantom 3 Adv is being passed on to a family member who had offered me money for it.
welcome to the pumpkin army

See what you did, I am adding an Autel X-Star Premium to my fleet. Yesterday was the last day to get the free battery, the X-Star Premium is on order. I have seen the pictures and videos it produces, it is impressive. I compared with the pics my P3P produces and the X-Star Premium came ahead.

I smiled while watching this video. It's made by a novice pilot who's unfamiliar with DJI, Yuneec or Blade. He's raving about customer service, that bailed him out. It's great to have good customer service, admittedly, but that's about #7 down on my list of important requirements to select a drone. He said he did lots of research but didn't elaborate on his findings, nor any advantages Autel has over others, other than customer service. However, how would he know anything different since he hasn't owned anything else. Ignorance is bliss. I'm glad he's happy.

People do this?? I think my clients would flip out.
I was going to use a DSLR on a gimbal for interiors.
A bit late to the thread.
Yes, there are better ways than flying indoors.
To go back to your initial questions, for real estate you probably don't need the new features of the P4 and the P3 Advanced would do just fine.
It has the same camera as the P3 Pro and the P4 camera is also the same with a minor tweak in the lens.
I'd be cautious about the Autel machine if you want straight lines to look straight in your photos.
Beyond the Phantom sized machines, your next stop is the Inspire with the X5 camera but that a huge step up in cost and in portability.
In aerial photography everything is a compromise but the Phantoms are a good compromise.

Beyond the Phantom sized machines, your next stop is the Inspire with the X5 camera but that a huge step up in cost and in portability.
Yes, the Inspire pro has the X5 camera everyone wants for professional work, it's a big step up. And now it's only $3400, a great price considering the camera. You really have to know camera technology too appreciate what DJI has done in the X5. But the size of the craft takes more time and effort to get the job done. On the plus side the Inspire pro doesn't look like a toy like the phantom. It will impress customers if they see you fly.

Decisions, decisions... It really depends on how serious you are about the work, and how picky you or your customers are about the results. Lots of guys use phantoms for real estate, a P3P is really all you need, but others swear by inspire, calling the phantom a toy.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl