Which drone for real estate?

A bit late to the thread.
Yes, there are better ways than flying indoors.
To go back to your initial questions, for real estate you probably don't need the new features of the P4 and the P3 Advanced would do just fine.
It has the same camera as the P3 Pro and the P4 camera is also the same with a minor tweak in the lens.
I'd be cautious about the Autel machine if you want straight lines to look straight in your photos.
Beyond the Phantom sized machines, your next stop is the Inspire with the X5 camera but that a huge step up in cost and in portability.
In aerial photography everything is a compromise but the Phantoms are a good compromise.
that was fixed with a update no problems still waiting for autel forum

that was fixed with a update no problems still waiting for autel forum

Let me know when the Autel forum becomes live. My X-S P should be delivered Friday, I have to file to get my free battery. Can't wait..

I had an Autel X-Star Premium and I loved flying it. As others have mentioned it is as responsive as a P3 in terms of flying and range. Camera quality is far superior than competition and it looks no different than P4 and Inspire (they share the same sony exmor sensor). The bitrate of the video in 4K touches 60Mbps which is same as P4.
Build quality is super, controller is far better than the Phantoms and the service is top notch. It was my first drone and the customer support and service was an important factor going with Autel.

Now the things which you should be aware of. The field of view is much wider on Autel (14mm as compared to 20mm on P3P/P4), will see some fish eye effect and distortion but its not as bad as the GoPro wide. I was planning to get aftermarket lens from Peau Productions. It will match the P3P in terms of stability but wont match P4. Same as P3P it uses 2 sonars and 1 camera facing down to hover but I found P4 to be much more stable and rock steady. This could be important if you doing long exposure stills, panoramas or timelapse.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes the phantom looks like a toy but once it is up and filming who cares. Im sure an ispire maybe in the future but still the cost and the cost of the batteries and shorter flight time made me get a P4. I had been filming with a yuneec Q500+ with a cgo3 camera and the customers have been happy. the P4 just has some more features on it that I wanted. Plus Iwould hate to have a crash with a inspire. 3400 is very hard to swallow

I use my phantom 4 with amazing eye catching and very professional results for my investment properties, had a phantom 3 pro before and I can say that with all certainty that the phantom 4 is worth the difference in money.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Yes, I'm aware of the Part 107.

In the meantime I just won't charge for the service, for the purpose ofowner'sing my portfolio.
Still a grey area as they are still being used for commercial purposes. I would recommend building your portfolio with houses not for sale and with owner's permission. Once you have your license then you can sell to your heart's content. If you want to be a professional never give away your work. It lowers both your value and that of others in the field.

Before you choose an aircraft, you might want to research the requirements to use a drone commercially. You can take all the pictures and video you want for personal use, but as soon as it is used for business the rules change. Do a search on Part 107.

Good point. Before you select a drone you also might want to check with insurance companies. DJI & Yuneec are known quantities in Drone/Aviation. I'm not saying you can't insure any drone for your business, or that some drones may get cheaper insurance than others. Insurance requirements will vary region to region, city to city.
I'm just saying that if you truly want to start a business with this you should look at all aspects before you buy your drone.

I travel a lot and even flying for recreation I always check for local regulations. It amazes me that some cities think they can regulate their airspace. Regardless I try to work it out with them and the local FSDO. You can't hold court in the street as they say, and I would hate to have my equipment confiscated, even for a short time period.

Not trying to burst your bubble. Flying drones and taking pics/video is a blast. Just trying to say think it through before opening your wallet or flying.

Just my $0.02

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31