Which controller/transmitter upgrade?

LJ35 said:
Do I want the airplane version of the T8J, or the heli version?

The airplane version has a ratcheted throttle and the heli version does not. Does this mean that the heli version has a spring loaded throttle that centers?

I think there is a slight air of mystery about what you get. I thought I was getting the airplane version but I have a ratcheted throttle with no spring. I couldn't find any online UK based stockist that actually said if it was a Heil or Airplane version and once it arrived there is nothing on the box to give you any hints as to what version it is (unless i am being blind?). The heli version i'm told defaults to heli models.... mine defaults to planes. So even more confusing!

Ultimately if you want a sprung throttle you need to ask specifically for it. Futaba make a very cheap kit to convert it but most of the parts on are long term backorder. Personally for the Phantom I don't think you don't need the sprung version anyway. If you don't like the ratchet then all come with a kit inside that lets you remove it.

Thanks! Just ordered the airplane version... With a real tx/rx, I'll have more confidence to buy a gimbal. My ultimate goal is to build a real multirotor, so the T8J is necessary.

Now I gotta grab an Immersion tx and some goggles.

LJ35 said:
Thanks! Just ordered the airplane version... With a real tx/rx, I'll have more confidence to buy a gimbal. My ultimate goal is to build a real multirotor, so the T8J is necessary.

Now I gotta grab an Immersion tx and some goggles.

Yeah I think like many here (myself included) the Phantom is the first dose of a bigger drug... a full range TX will help keep your high going for sure (and your cash levels sinking of course! :lol: ).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj