Which app do I use for Phantom 2 Vision+ these days?

Reaction score
Hi,
Apologies for the dumb question. I've dug out my P2V+ after a few years as I need to take pictures of storm damage to my roof.

But what app do I uses these days? I wiped off my android app ages ago, and I remember it used to be the DJI Vision app. That doesn't seem to be on the play store anymore.

I installed something called DJI Go, but that doesn't seem to support anything before the Phantom 3.

I've googled for a P2V+ app, but all that comes up are old YouTube movies of people using the Vision app.

I'm baffled. :)

You can download the DJI Vision APK here.

Reactions: robin.symonds
Here's another puzzler: I got out my Phantom 2+ after about a year, charged up the batteries and got ready to fly. Everything worked fine except that the DJI Vision app that I have installed on both my iPhone and IPod would not show the camera view. Everything else worked, including controlling the camera (tilt, still pics, video start and stop). Just no camera view. I briefly though it might have been the result of an IOS update with my phone, but I have the same the same problem (no camera view) with the iPod and it has not even been turned on in over a year, let alone had any software updates. Does anyone have ANY ideas what in the world is wrong. Without the ability to view what the camera is seeing, my Phantom is basically useless.

this is a new post. first timer and not sure if this is the correxct format but I do have a question. i have not flown my p4 for over a year. kept up with all of the downloads on my I phone but also downloaded all other new downloads dealing with other dji devices. Since I need to update ny phantom 4 can i follow the standard procedure and just start downloading up grades or do i need to be specific with the particular latest up grade dealing only with the p4. don't want to download new devices such as Maveric or other birds and get mine confused. not the sharpest tack in the box in this area.

Here's another puzzler: I got out my Phantom 2+ after about a year, charged up the batteries and got ready to fly. Everything worked fine except that the DJI Vision app that I have installed on both my iPhone and IPod would not show the camera view. Everything else worked, including controlling the camera (tilt, still pics, video start and stop). Just no camera view. I briefly though it might have been the result of an IOS update with my phone, but I have the same the same problem (no camera view) with the iPod and it has not even been turned on in over a year, let alone had any software updates. Does anyone have ANY ideas what in the world is wrong. Without the ability to view what the camera is seeing, my Phantom is basically useless.

Did you ever figure anything out? I'm dusting off my P2v+ and I have no camera feed. I have a feeling it's something to do with the new Android os but when I take pictures with the camera I don't get anything from those either. This drone had very little hours and worked fine when it was stored. Maybe the camera is shot. Another issue is most of the time it doesn't register the wifi identification, it just says unknown device. Probably a dead end and wasn't worth the $100 for batteries. Sucks how electronics get outdated so fast, it's still a good machine.

Did you ever figure anything out? I'm dusting off my P2v+ and I have no camera feed. I have a feeling it's something to do with the new Android os but when I take pictures with the camera I don't get anything from those either. This drone had very little hours and worked fine when it was stored. Maybe the camera is shot. Another issue is most of the time it doesn't register the wifi identification, it just says unknown device. Probably a dead end and wasn't worth the $100 for batteries. Sucks how electronics get outdated so fast, it's still a good machine.

Hi Mike,

This is a known issue that DJI knew about with the wifi module when the P2V+ was still in production but never fixed and just kept fobbing people off. The design fault is in the Wifi module in the drone it overheats as they didn't design it properly to dissipate the heat. Another issue is if you store your drone for 2-3 months then get it out no feed from camera it corrupts the firmware on the board and will not boot this should never have been acceptable your only option is to do the process listed on this website.

follow instructions on below site to reflash the bottom board on wifi module and you will be back up and running

I have done this so many times to mine the pads you solder to on the board have now lifted and come off so when mine goes again the drone is useless as you just cannot get these modules anymore, it is a fairly simple procedure but I would try to clamp the wires to pads rather than solder them to avoid my problem.

I set a reminder in my calendar for me to power up the drone every 2 weeks to stop this happening again.

Hi Mike,

This is a known issue that DJI knew about with the wifi module when the P2V+ was still in production but never fixed and just kept fobbing people off. The design fault is in the Wifi module in the drone it overheats as they didn't design it properly to dissipate the heat. Another issue is if you store your drone for 2-3 months then get it out no feed from camera it corrupts the firmware on the board and will not boot this should never have been acceptable your only option is to do the process listed on this website.

follow instructions on below site to reflash the bottom board on wifi module and you will be back up and running

I have done this so many times to mine the pads you solder to on the board have now lifted and come off so when mine goes again the drone is useless as you just cannot get these modules anymore, it is a fairly simple procedure but I would try to clamp the wires to pads rather than solder them to avoid my problem.

I set a reminder in my calendar for me to power up the drone every 2 weeks to stop this happening again.

Thanks for getting back to me. As I furthered my research I came to the same conclusion with the firmware problem. Going to be flashing the board this week. I might just leave a short stub on the solder pads for clamping to in the future. Thanks again!

Thanks for getting back to me. As I furthered my research I came to the same conclusion with the firmware problem. Going to be flashing the board this week. I might just leave a short stub on the solder pads for clamping to in the future. Thanks again!

The flashing is easy just be careful with those pads very fragile, my idea was to solder to pads and run the wires out of the WIFI can and put a plug externally so I could just plug in and reflash as needed but the pads didn't survive me putting it back together, probably due to using thicker guage wire than I should putting too much weight on solder points.

If the flash fails then keep running command over and over again till it works as doesn't always complete first time just goes to BOOTME, at that point CTRL-C and run command again, you know when it's successful as you get a second bar that takes 10-15 seconds to flash then a "Operation Completed Successfully" message once you get that you know your on a winner.

Wile you have it in bits get some arctic silver and replace the thermal compound as well as the DJI stuff is rubbish and if you have an early can with no holes get your drill out and make some to get that heat out a bit better as the revised later ones had holes in them.

Good Luck!!!

Reactions: Mike OBryan
My camera works, ie it will take photos and videos. However, I cant see the camera view on the app. Any suggestions

will p2 vision + work without wifi ? someone gave it to me I have it powered up downloaded a dji fly app. the wifi shows in wifi list on iPhone 5s. but phone isn't on a cell phone plan, so when I click on my house wifi app is no good ? trying to get it airborne from what I read there is no dpi app for p2 on newer iPhones. you have to use iPhone 5s

I’ve installed the app from the apkpure link on my android device but cannot login, is there a way to bypass the login screen? Seems the server is not available anymore

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan