Where's F mode in P4?

In other words, whereas now you have to switch to F to enable third-party apps, the P4 will require switching to P (exactly the opposite, which is why it will be confusing).

Unless I'm in a mission, I normally fly in the " P " mode, so do I just close the DJI Go app & start the autopilot app?

That's the right question, Kenneth. And as autoflightlogic asked, how does one override an automated mission if you are in P mode while it's executing. The document seems to infer that some additional logic will be required in the third party apps without an explicit F mode on the P4

DJI hasn't made that clear yet, nor do we have a test unit to try with yet.

Not getting p4 but curious. Does it still have Home lock, Course lock, etc. Like p3?

Thanks for the follow up on DJI's plan to support HDMI out...I am excited about the P4 I have on order....the extra five minutes of flight time alone is a huge thing for me since much of my flying is over water in coastal and mountainous areas where wind can eat your reserves up quickly.
That "extra 5 minutes" is turning out to be closer to 1 minute at best. Better to add a battery mod to your P3, and get some real extra flight time! I'm getting 30 minutes with new motors and 27 minutes with old motors on my P3P's with battery mods.

Last edited:
if the go app can turn on flight modes in P then it is up to the sdk app suppliers to update their apps like litchi to enable things.. but they may just work in P mode anyway.. so will have to wait for app updates..

The P4 RC has a P-A-S switch now. The F mode is missing, which would normally enable 3rd party apps. Since F mode cannot be put into the Go app (since two apps can't run at the same time) to enable 3rd party apps, how do suppose 3 party apps will be turned on? I wonder if our friends at Litchi and Autopilot can chime in on this.

When emailed DJI support about this their answer was "it's recommend to fly P4 with the Go app". Hmm.

View attachment 46154
Now that is very interesting because I have been trying to find 'home lock' and 'course lock' but all the clips on youtube show pilots changing to 'f' mode. I am new to all this and not yet confident enough to start fiddling around with the controls while it is in the air so would love some clarification on this...is F mode the same as S mode? ...and does the phantom 4 have home lock and course lock?

All third party apps run in P mode. Just stop DJI GO and start them up.
To exit an app switch out of P mode momentarily, and the app will be cancelled.
Then you can switch back to P to fly manually with GPS, and all sensors operating.
S is sports mode, which uses a more responsive stick multiplier, and faster reactions by the aircraft. Because of the higher speed, Obstacle Avoidance is disabled in S mode.
A is ATTI mode, and the only sensor operating is the barometer, so it may drift while hovering.

Now that is very interesting because I have been trying to find 'home lock' and 'course lock' but all the clips on youtube show pilots changing to 'f' mode. I am new to all this and not yet confident enough to start fiddling around with the controls while it is in the air so would love some clarification on this...is F mode the same as S mode? ...and does the phantom 4 have home lock and course lock?
The P4 has some "Intelligent Flight Modes" which are software selectable, including Home Lock and Course Lock. Also Active Tracking, Tap to Fly, POI mode.

All third party apps run in P mode. Just stop DJI GO and start them up.
To exit an app switch out of P mode momentarily, and the app will be cancelled.
Then you can switch back to P to fly manually with GPS, and all sensors operating.
S is sports mode, which uses a more responsive stick multiplier, and faster reactions by the aircraft. Because of the higher speed, Obstacle Avoidance is disabled in S mode.
A is ATTI mode, and the only sensor operating is the barometer, so it may drift while hovering.
Correct, this is documented in the pre-flight checklist in Flight School.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers