P4 suddenly not connecting to controller

Reaction score
Dear friends,
We've come to the part of our show where I have to put on the "Cloak of Humility" and beg for help getting my P4 airborne again. For some unknown and mysterious reason my P4 suddenly won't connect to the controller and won't appear in the Go4 app. I tried searching for previous posts with this same problem but had trouble finding a solution. I've flown well over a dozen flights without any problems since buying an immaculate, used P4. My last few flights were without incident two weeks ago. I even followed the connect sequence posted by @msinger, but cannot get the P4 to display in the app or connect to the controller. All it shows is the Spark with no option to change to the P4. The app says the RC is connected. The controller connect light is red and the controller beeps steadily. The P4 gimbal light is green but will flash occasionally. The P4 front lights are solid red and the rear lights flash yellow. The P4 does its normal start up dance but will not connect to the controller or app. Following the recommended connect sequence, the app used to automatically recognize the P4, then connect, and tell me to go fly. I've now tried this process multiple times with two different Android devices that had connected perfectly and flew the P4 fine two weeks ago. I'm using the same USB cable that worked before, and even switched to a DJI cable, but nothing. There's been no crashes or hard landings during the past two weeks, in fact, the P4 has been sitting in the hardshell case for the past two weeks. That's why it's a mystery to me. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Go4 app, but the P4 still won't connect. Here's what I'm currently running:
Go4 app: 4.2.6
FW: 02.00.0700
Controller: 1.92
Again, absolutely nothing changed since two weeks ago when I last flew some great flights, and it had been connecting without any problems. I've been trying to sort out the problem for the past two days, and it's probably something stupidly simple that I'm missing. So dear friends, won't you reach out and help an old guy down on his luck get his P4 flying again? Thank you kindly.

Stratching the head on this,not sure if this help but I just check mine,my remote says 1.9.3..I did have trouble a while back with not beING able to connect and that was usb configuration in my device had somehow changed.I don't think that the case because you tried 2 devices,all else I can possibly say try is having a go at re- linking ,might even have to be a manual relink since unable to use app,,still thinking on this and will post if something jumps to mind
Screenshot_20180610-184024.jpg
,,here's a manual relink just in case
Screenshot_20180610-185717.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The app says the RC is connected. The controller connect light is red and the controller beeps steadily.

Sorry to hear of your troubles my friend. I don't own a P4 so I can't be much help. But, as I'm sure you know, as long as your connect light is red your problem is between the RC and AC.

Hope you get it sorted ASAP, good luck!

Reactions: ob1kanokie
I see this occasionally. Sometimes it is the board on the back of the remote where the usb plugs in. This is an easy fix if it is. The problem is that it is not always that easy. Sometime it is the main board. Then again it could be the ribbon cable inside the remote that connects the main board to the usb board. If it is the main board, you may as well toss it. What is the model number on the back of the remote? GL300A or C?

Dear friends,
We've come to the part of our show where I have to put on the "Cloak of Humility" and beg for help getting my P4 airborne again. For some unknown and mysterious reason my P4 suddenly won't connect to the controller and won't appear in the Go4 app. I tried searching for previous posts with this same problem but had trouble finding a solution. I've flown well over a dozen flights without any problems since buying an immaculate, used P4. My last few flights were without incident two weeks ago. I even followed the connect sequence posted by @msinger, but cannot get the P4 to display in the app or connect to the controller. All it shows is the Spark with no option to change to the P4. The app says the RC is connected. The controller connect light is red and the controller beeps steadily. The P4 gimbal light is green but will flash occasionally. The P4 front lights are solid red and the rear lights flash yellow. The P4 does its normal start up dance but will not connect to the controller or app. Following the recommended connect sequence, the app used to automatically recognize the P4, then connect, and tell me to go fly. I've now tried this process multiple times with two different Android devices that had connected perfectly and flew the P4 fine two weeks ago. I'm using the same USB cable that worked before, and even switched to a DJI cable, but nothing. There's been no crashes or hard landings during the past two weeks, in fact, the P4 has been sitting in the hardshell case for the past two weeks. That's why it's a mystery to me. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Go4 app, but the P4 still won't connect. Here's what I'm currently running:
Go4 app: 4.2.6
FW: 02.00.0700
Controller: 1.92
Again, absolutely nothing changed since two weeks ago when I last flew some great flights, and it had been connecting without any problems. I've been trying to sort out the problem for the past two days, and it's probably something stupidly simple that I'm missing. So dear friends, won't you reach out and help an old guy down on his luck get his P4 flying again? Thank you kindly.

The problem clearly appears to be that the controller is not linked to the aircraft, but you didn't specifically mention whether you have tried the linking procedure as described in the manual (P4 v1.6 p.40). If not then that may be worth doing next.

Reactions: ob1kanokie
Well, Praise God, my P4 is back on line! They say hindsight is (almost) always 20/20 and, in looking back on this situation, I can say that's true. Working through the recommendations above, I discovered there were three separate issues that, together, made the solution elusive. @sar104 was correct that somehow the RC and AC had become unlinked (while sitting in the case after my last flight). Very strange, as I do not know how that's even possible but, ultimately, that proved to be problem #1 which had to be fixed. To fix that, I had to manually relink RC and AC but, I wasn't able to perform that linking operation because the "enter camera" option screen would disappear as fast as it appeared (problem #2). That got me thinking. Long story short, I switched from my Galaxy S5 to my higher powered Mediapad and that allowed me the ability to actually get to the relinking process. The first relink didn't take, so I did it again and it now appears to be locked in. Next, problem #3, the controller sticks had to be recalibrated, for whatever reason. Once that was done, the controller stopped beeping and I fired up the P4 (no props), let it idle, revved the motors, and then shut it down. I did that a few times and everything looks fine with RC and AC connected with full telemetry readouts. Fingers crossed, I won't have to deal with this again. But, if I do, at least I'll have some clear direction on how to fix it with a lot less frustration.

To everyone above who offered suggestions or support, you have my very sincere thanks for helping me get my P4 up and running again. You've clearly demonstrated the purpose and spirit of this forum, and I hope I can return the favor one day.

Awsome,,ah it seems your phantom up to no good while left alone,probly phoned home while locked up.good to hear you sort it. :)

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Awsome,,ah it seems your phantom up to no good while left alone,probly phoned home while locked up.good to hear you sort it. :)

Yeah, I'd fully understand if there was a crash or some trauma on the last flight. But why they became unlinked to begin with while sitting idle in the case after some uneventful flights two weeks ago, and why the controlled needed recalibration to boot, will likely remain some of the unsolved mysteries of the universe. Just baffles me completely.

Glad you fixed the issue..when you mentioned the controller light was red and beeping, my P4 rc did that only the other day and after searching forum it was a classic sign the remote needed calibrating. nothing like a bit of troubleshooting eh :)

Yeah, I'd fully understand if there was a crash or some trauma on the last flight. But why they became unlinked to begin with while sitting idle in the case after some uneventful flights two weeks ago, and why the controlled needed recalibration to boot, will likely remain some of the unsolved mysteries of the universe. Just baffles me completely.
With a wry smile, I'm hearing you. Was going to suggest pinching a device with more grunt but you've got it figured out. Received the new low noise props and keen to give them a run decided to fly a mission to check what difference if any they made. Nope, no way, despite not having touched my P4 in a week and the fact that she lives in a quarantined area of the house was it going to fly. Numerous errors on the GO app so I swapped to Litchi and that wouldn't display any maps or missions. Grumbled something to the wife walking back to the house and had another crack at working through the issues and the only way to resolve it was to turn off and reboot my Cryphone and lo and behold everything worked again. Absolutely no idea what happened except that I had looked at my device at work and stated that I was going to buy a dedicated tablet and retire the phone. Maybe I upset its feelings but bizarre nonetheless.

after searching forum it was a classic sign the remote needed calibrating. nothing like a bit of troubleshooting eh

It took some deep diving, along with assistance from the good folks here, but I was able to identify the individual problems and work through them one by one. It makes sense now after getting through it, but it wasn't making a lot of sense two days ago.

Absolutely no idea what happened except that I had looked at my device at work and stated that I was going to buy a dedicated tablet and retire the phone. Maybe I upset its feelings but bizarre nonetheless.

I've seen stranger things happen that defy explanation, so that wouldn't surprise me a bit. That's exactly why I don't say things like that loud enough for any of my electronics to hear me.

Reactions: tevek
I've seen stranger things happen that defy explanation, so that wouldn't surprise me a bit. That's exactly why I don't say things like that loud enough for any of my electronics to hear me.
You're probably right given some of the 'smart' devices out there that are supposedly listening in. Recently bought a 1966 HMV radiogram for the wife's 50th, it has three buttons on it that when pushed give out a whirring and farting sound. Nice and simple and probably a friend for the next 50 years....

Once had a RTR tape deck that had one channel suddenly quit working for no apparent reason. Took it all apart, pulled the amp out, and started running diagnostics on it. Could see clear signal all the way through it without a break or short anywhere. Spent hours working on it late into the night checking every single connection, but that one channel simply would not work. Left it on the bench and went to bed. Woke up the next morning, fired it up, and tested it one last time before scrapping it. That one dead channel worked perfectly. I put it all back together and then sold it as fast as I could. Like I said, there's some things that have no logical explanation and you'd best leave them alone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl