Where to buy?

Reaction score
OK guys, is there any advantage to buying a phantom 4 Pro through Amazon, or my local Best Buy that will price match? I've heard someone state somewhere, that he thought Amazon was hard to beat because of customer support and an easy return policy. Any thoughts?

Best Buy is an authorized DJI dealer, so it's an okay place to purchase a Phantom. They will also match the price for any Phantoms sold and shipped by Amazon. The downside is that you're going to pay tax there.

There are lots of authorized DJI dealers selling Phantoms on Amazon. If that's where you decide to buy your Phantom, you can find a complete list of Phantoms in stock by authorized DJI dealers here:

Buy A DJI Phantom (Deals Updated Daily)

OK thanks, I'm not that familiar with Amazon. How can I tell if the item is sold and shipped by Amazon? OK never mind, I see it now. This item is NOT sold by Amazon. :( Sold by A-plus drones. OK people?

Which Phantom model are you going to buy?

Honestly, I would not buy it from either. They both charge sales tax (for me, that would be over $100 in taxes), and that equates to a huge chunk of change that could be saved by buying from DJI itself or from BHPhoto. The advantage is the easier return/exchange policy, but I'm willing to forego that to save $100.

I understand it may be nice to save your tax money, but I bought my P4P from Best Buy, they priced matched B and H, and then promptly swapped it out 4 hours later when it was found to be defective and one of the motors was making a scraping noise. I’d have sure been upset to wait for something and then not be able to immediately swap out if there were issues. I walked right back out with a new one, ready to go.

PLUS, if you use Best Buy rewards, a P4P gets you a fat chunk of points. I forgot about my points last year and they added up to about $245 worth of stuff. I walked in around xmas 17 prepared to spend about 300 and spent only 55. Cant beat it. Does DJI give rewards? Never.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Amazon is currently selling the P4P for $1,242 here on Amazon. I don't know if Best Buy would match that deal though since it's not in stock. Another option would be to ask them to match B&H since they are also selling the P4P for $1,242 here. And if you don't live in NY or NJ, you could buy directly from B&H to get it tax-free.

Honestly, I would not buy it from either. They both charge sales tax
Most (all?) Phantoms are tax-free on Amazon when buying from an authorized DJI dealer. However, most states must pay tax when Amazon is both the seller and shipper.

Reactions: DKG13CC
I understand it may be nice to save your tax money, but I bought my P4P from Best Buy, they priced matched B and H, and then promptly swapped it out 4 hours later when it was found to be defective and one of the motors was making a scraping noise. I’d have sure been upset to wait for something and then not be able to immediately swap out if there were issues. I walked right back out with a new one, ready to go.

PLUS, if you use Best Buy rewards, a P4P gets you a fat chunk of points. I forgot about my points last year and they added up to about $245 worth of stuff. I walked in around xmas 17 prepared to spend about 300 and spent only 55. Cant beat it. Does DJI give rewards? Never.

Technically, DJI gives rewards for posting on their forum. Haha

That being said, the rewards system can be to your benefit, assuming you shop there frequently. I suppose you could also find if your credit card has rewards for Best Buy or Amazon, as I know I occasionally see between 5 and 10% cash back from Discover and Bank of America. Stack this with whatever cash back that eBates will give you, and you can get a pretty decent chunk back.

Technically, DJI gives rewards for posting on their forum.
They also credit your DJI account for 1% of the purchase price when you buy directly from the DJI Store. More details about that loyalty program can be found here.

Reactions: AndrewCCM
Amazon is currently selling the P4P for $1,242 here on Amazon. I don't know if Best Buy would match that deal though since it's not in stock. Another option would be to ask them to match B&H since they are also selling the P4P for $1,242 here. And if you don't live in NY or NJ, you could buy directly from B&H to get it tax-free.

Thanks guys. BB will price match even if non stock item. I inquired about the P4P+ when I was there about a week ago. They said they would price match even if they didn't stock it.

Whichever route I go, how do I go about buying the DJI care? Direct from DJI I'm guessing.

Last edited:
how do I go about buying the DJI care?
You'll need the Phantom serial number in order to purchase DJI Care Refresh. You can buy DJI Care Refresh directly from DJI here.

You'll only have 48 hours to activate DJI Care Refresh here after registering your Phantom in DJI GO, so make sure you buy it within 48 hours. If you wait longer than that, you'll need to submit a video to DJI to prove your Phantom is in working order (see more details here).

I buy 99% of everything via Amazon. Heck I have stuff delivered almost every day. (I have a problem). LOL. Having said that, I got my P4P from B&H. While it did save me tax...my phantom came with a DOA battery. It took B&H 10 days to replace it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik