Where is the file I wonder?

Reaction score
On the morning of September 8th I was doing a POI around an old Oak tree when my P3A came into contact with a small branch on an adjacent tree and crashed.
It has been off for repair and I thought I'd download the .DAT file to see what it looked like, what hit the tree etc.
However, when I downloaded the .DAT files from the AC I couldn't find the file, or so I think
I downloaded the .txt file from my Nvidia Shield, which is dedicated to the drone and the file is there so why isn't it on the drone? Or is it possible that the time is wrong on the drone?

The larger of the two .txt files are the one where it crashed, I can plot it all right but there are no files on the drone for that time but I believe the 15.59 one is the one?
Does this make sense? Can the drone time be wrong?

Screenshot 2019-10-30 at 21.05.05.jpg
Screenshot 2019-10-30 at 21.04.06.jpg

This is the .txt plot which is correct..............

Screenshot 2019-10-30 at 21.31.30.png

Last edited:
This is the .txt plot which is correct..............
Share that .txt file again and I can tell you which .dat file it is, unless you already know.

I suspect it's the 63Mb one?

Here's the .txt file

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-09-08_[11-17-15].txt
    943.4 KB · Views: 198
Fantastic!
Bear with me, just practising my analytical skills with my new found knowledge!
So, looking the .DAT motor speeds I don't see anywhere at the end where one or more hit the tree - stopped, and then the drone fell to the ground.
Screenshot 2019-10-30 at 22.46.29.png

@cheddarman .....From your .txt log. Impact at ~608.5 sec....After you gave full throttle up then full throttle down.
1572476483437.png

@cheddarman .... I mentioned it a ways back in the thread. But there is a learning curve involved. I apploud your efforts, that said it is most difficult to do "Walk Throughs" here. For the most part you are on your own to learn. Specific questions can be answered, however you should keep those to a minimum. You will figure things out. I am old school Telemetry from chart recorders to magnetic tape. But many signals still apply, others are more detailed, new and unkown to me as well.....

Fantastic FD, I have got the hang of that now - convert the .txt file time to the .DAT time.
Impact with the left front prop at 681.258 which initially jammed and the prop broke off (looking at the motor speed) at which point I tried to extract the AC from the tree hence the heavy RC inputs.

I LIKE this tool. Hope I don't need it too often though!:D
Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 09.05.15.png

Fantastic FD, I have got the hang of that now - convert the .txt file time to the .DAT time.
Impact with the left front prop at 681.258 which initially jammed and the prop broke off (looking at the motor speed) at which point I tried to extract the AC from the tree hence the heavy RC inputs.

I LIKE this tool. Hope I don't need it too often though!:D
View attachment 115338
You might want to try using multiple SigPlayers. They will be time synchronized like this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.