When you return a phantom for warrenty repair what do you put in box?

Reaction score
Is it ok to send just the bird or does it need to be a complete package? I have a motor failure so it's just a bird side issue.

I modded controller with dbs mod so don't really wanna send that in!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No! They specifically tell to not ship in the original box! Put in a new box and wrap in bubble wrap and peanuts!

Put some cookies in the box for the Dji workers. Might help speed things up

You are able to mod the rc, but you don't want to replace a motor? And about not sending it in the original box, it was good enough for them to send it to you wasn't it? Molded to the phantom and a very thick box, this doesn't make sense to me.

Actually you can send the phantom in original box . AS LONG AS ITS IN ANOTHER BIGGER BOX. I did that on my first warranty repair/replacement and did it again except this this I included my remote because something sound loose on the inside (rattling inside RC)

NOTE See #6 below

Thank you for contacting DJI.
Please send your unit to our DJI repair facility in North America. The steps you must take to properly ship your product in are listed below.
Note: Failure to complete any step below will cause delays in your repair, and could require our logistics team to ship your product back without repair service provided.
1. Please fill out and print the Customer Information Sheet
attached to this email/ticket. This is required for every RMA.
2. Please include a copy of your proof of purchase. Not including your proof of purchase will automatically categorize your repair as Non-Warrantied* and you will be invoiced after analysis. Please keep your original proof of purchase for your records.
3. Please review the warranty terms for your product to see if you should expect an invoice or may potentially be covered by our manufacturer’s warranty: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
4. Do not ship swollen/punctured/visibly damaged batteries. If you do ship batteries in this condition, we are required to recycle them and cannot ship them back to you. If your battery was damaged in a crash and you would like to be considered for warranty replacement of the battery, you will need to provide proof of purchase and pictures of the damage and serial number(s) of each battery affected in the package you ship to us.
5. Please do not include any non-DJI equipment, such as aircraft accessories, hard carrying cases, SD cards, and third-party transmitters. If you choose to send in any of these items, you acknowledge that DJI is not liable for any of these products and that we are unable to test your DJI products with any third-party products.
6. Pack your equipment safely. Include protection such as bubble wrap and packing peanuts. Keep in mind that any product shipped just in the on-shelf packaging (i.e. white Phantom box) is not acceptable and will automatically qualify it for invoiced repair. You can always place the product box or case in a cardboard box, this is acceptable.

Inspire 1 is the exception to rule 6, please do ship it in its hard case, packed inside of a cardboard box
Also, please note:
The Inspire One hard case is a complimentary item, and is not covered under the warranty. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Once received by our Los Angeles facility your unit will be considered an active repair. The ETA for repairs is approximately 2-3 Weeks from the date it is checked in by our facility. On that day, you will be emailed. Within that 2-3 Weeks phone or e-mail requests for status updates will not be entertained, as we can only provide you the information you already see when logging into Freshdesk and these requests only serve to slow the process for others. Only in the rare event that more than 2-3 Weeks have passed since your unit was checked in, should you call 818-235-0789 for further assistance.
DJI Technology, LLC
23610 Banning Blvd
Carson, CA, 90745

RMA: xxXxxxxxXXxcXXXxx (Please include this number on the shipping label and on the front and back of the package. Not putting this number on the outside of your package can cause delays in being checked in).
By sending in your product for repair, you agree that you have read and accepted the repair terms as stated above. If you have any questions about this process, please reply to this email or call our phone support team.
In certain circumstances DJI may as a courtesy provide a shipping label for those RMAs that qualify. Please allow up to 48 hours for that label to arrive.

Thank you for contacting DJI. We look forward to servicing your product very soon!
For quicker assistance please feel free to utilize our Live Chat option by following the link provided: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Last edited:
I could replace the motor and would be happy spending 25 bucks but if it's the control board I'm not happy spending 300 bucks on something 6 weeks old.

The fall from 65m was very lucky as it had a soft landing.

I could replace the motor and would be happy spending 25 bucks but if it's the control board I'm not happy spending 300 bucks on something 6 weeks old.

The fall from 65m was very lucky as it had a soft landing.

Oh, I thought you said it was a motor problem in your first post. My bad. Stands to reason you wouldn't want to send a remote with a mod, beings that would probably void the warranty.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl